Seems almost oxymoronic to put those words together like that. Anyways, the reason for this topic is talk about utilizing an item normally set aside for warmer climates, for use in cold weather climates. I have learned over the past few cold seasons that a bugnet can give a good balance of wind block and ventilation for for certain cold weather conditions in a hammock. It still allows some air movement but blocks the sharp, cold winds from whirling around in your hammock.
While I always try to choose a location where the hammock will have the least amount of wind and angle the hammock into the wind, I have noticed that wind direction changes often and can be difficult to predict. So the bugnet seems to be very effective for me for keeping any wind from whirling around in my hammock.

Am I alone in my logic? I am still pretty new to hammock camping in the cold so my experience is still limited; I only have about 20 nights under my belt in temps below 40°F, but this is my experience with bugnets and cold winds so far.
Thoughts?