Hi All,

I slept my backyard last Saturday night and was mostly comfortable at 34F. I finally overcame my claustrophobia problem by using my sleeping bag as a quilt and not overdressing.

(In the past I was dressed in too many layers, and zipped up in my bag. Usually woke up with a start, feeling like I couldn't escape! I don't know how you guys and gals sleep in hammock socks, and mummy bags, and etc. GAH!!! )

Setup:
Hammock stand
HH Explorer deluxe
KAQ underquilt
Neo 9x9 tarp
Eddie Bauer 40F sleeping Bag (as quilt)
Small square pillow from Home Depot

Wearing:
Barefoot,
Sport Hill running pants,
short sleeve cotton shirt,
Fleece vest,
Toque (stocking hat).

I finally figured out how to deploy the KAQ correctly and have it stay in position (half hitch once you set it right), but I need a new bag. I had some cold spots where the bag didn't quite cover here and there, and the bag just wasn't warm enough by itself for the most part (no foot box, for example).

After Christmas, I'm looking to buy the FanaticFringe 30F quilt , I guess the one with Polarguard Delta, since the Ray-Way folks are on walkabout.

Still can't pony up the bucks for a JRB quilt (or talk my wife into spending that much for a camping quilt, period) <sigh>.

Anyone have any experience with the FF quilt, or know of any other lower cost quilts?