Just got back from my coldest camping trip in maybe 20 years. Spent three days in beautiful Algonquin Park with night time temps dropping to an unseasonably chilly -6C/21F both nights.

For insulation I used the Hennessy Super Shelter below, my 40F TQ with a fleece liner (plus a couple layers of clothing) and the Hennessy Over Cover above. I used a hot water bottle the first night, but it was completely unnecessary and I was a-ok without it the second night.

I was blown away by how toasty warm I was at night. My little thermometer was displaying 10C/50F inside the hammock despite the cold outside. I was almost too warm the second night! There was very little condensation on the space blanket; nothing a little airing out in the morning didn't solve.

I've been a believer in the Super Shelter for a couple years now, but haven't taken it below freezing until now. Coupled with the over cover, I feel I could have taken this system down several more degrees. The only issue for me was the draft coming in through the "port hole" in the over cover was freezing my nose.

Great system - highly recommended. Hennessy has really done a great job with this product. I just love the modular nature of the HHSS and will continue to use it; especially now that I know from experience that it can handle colder weather.