I've been to a couple group hangs recently, with the Chili Feed and the Frozen Butt on my bucket list. Looking to host an early winter hang on my farm, so am offering a chance to hang out in the woods with "da shack" as a bail-out option. Plenty of good hardwood for bonfires, lots of trees to hang from, no water, no electricity, one "porta-potty", and "da shack" can sleep 6 in reasonable comfort. It even has a gas stove/oven, in addition to the wood stove.

Located 1.7 miles NW of the Iola Winter Sports Club grounds and very close to the Ice Age Trail.

This hang would allow you to try out your cold weather set-up, and have a bail-out option near by.

Depending on the snow depths, you could go to the Winter Sports Club for X-C skiing, check out the ski jumps, go skiing/hiking/snowshoeing on the farm, maybe play on the ice at the lake if it is thick enough/early season ice fishing if you like. Speaking of snow depths, bring shovels, tow ropes, jumper cables, etc as I do not own a snowplow.

Check out the Iola Winter Sports Club on Google Maps, looking for a small white dot in the woods about 1/2 mile north on Highway "T", then 1/2 mile east off the road .

Weather and snow depth will determine if we can drive that last 1/2 mile up to "da shack"...

Tumbleweed

Any interest???

I need help with how to post a "POLL"