AussieShep, There was a time when people bought a netless hammock and added a fully enclosed, zipper-opening, bug net. With those, you could sit on the edge of your hammock, perhaps even stand, and still be protected. I have a bunch of them as I moved to hammocks with built-in nets or use the HUG net for "just in case" situations (everything that doesn't require fill covering). But If I were in mosquito territory - like Alaska where you need to carry a pint of blood so you can refill - I'd have a separate net so I could dress or do what else needed doing while standing beside my hammock, inside the protective net.

I tried the pee bottle once. Tried to do things right - used a different shape container from my water bottle, practiced at home, etc.. Except when I practiced at home, it was in the bathroom (fully standing up) with the light on. The practical test was at base camp on Mt. Adams. I was in a solo tent so there was no standing up. And for some reason, I had a small flashlight instead of a headlamp. So I had two hands, three things to hold, and though the small light provided some illumination, it was mostly dark. Did I mention it was really, really, cold. I got the job done, but "real world" experience is not the same as standing in a warm bathroom with the light on.