HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    My initial reaction to every one of these "complaint" posts is generally

"Why is your problem suddenly mine?"
    While some folks may couch their "complaint" in terms of "informing the community", mostly it seems to me somebody trying to gain some leverage on the vendor to get him to perform as desired. I find that in most circumstances, such action is not really required, that a bit of grace goes a long way, and that these very really human beings have very real human problems just as you do.

These are complaints more suited to places like REI and other big businesses that have brick and mortar stores across the country, huge web presence, and millions of dollars to back all of that up. If you want the kind of service that kind of money can buy a business, go patronize them and complain when they do not perform.

OTOH, when your'e dealing with a man and wife, or a single individual who has a real job and a real family that are subject to the same kinds of pressures to perform that you are under with your real family and your real job, a little slack is in order---the kind of slack you'd want while you're having some kind of trouble in your life that might affect your job, relationships, or recreation.

You're buying something from somebody who makes it in his garage or living room, not General Frikkin Motors. You entered into that transaction knowing exactly that and, if you didn't, that means you didn't do your research.

You want to know what the excuse for poor communications with somebody like that usually is?

LIFE
    Always remember: you've got one too, and it operates pretty much the same way as his does---he's just taken a step you haven't by trying to make a couple of extra bucks.
    Last edited by sargevining; 02-09-2014 at 21:22.

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    I am asking that this whole thread be deleted....This methodoligy just does not belong..please take away the audience.
    "Proud Pound Hawg"
    Republic of Texas H.O.G. (Hennessy Owners Group)

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I am asking that this whole thread be deleted....This methodoligy just does not belong..please take away the audience.
    +1 and have to type more to get it to post
    Debi

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    I have made several transactions with Hammockgear and all have been great. When I need more hammock insulation or cuben tarps, they will get my business, no doubt. Having said that, telling others they can not express concerns, disappointments, or constructive criticism is ridiculous.

Why don't you complain about the 5000 threads that say, "cottage company X just shipped my order, man that was fast", or "Just got my order and it was just as I expected(or better"? Only good gear reviews and experiences are welcome?

Life isn't all about rainbows and unicorns and neither is any internet forum I am aware of. You knew what you were getting into when you clicked into a thread titled "My thoughts on vendors and their "issues". You chose to come here and read knowing what it was about, period. If you see something that bothers you or is offensive, click off, read no farther, unsubscribe, or whatever, but chances you or I or anyone else is going to change others opinions, perceived injustices, or whatever is just crazy...

Adam makes great gear, and has earned the trust and recommendations of many here, including me. I trust he can handle himself and his business.

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    Frankly I could care less about changing anyones opinion.That was not what I posted...None of these boards are intened for this type of retoric.

This is not like changing the tv channel.This type mess shows up in all kind of internet
    Searches and reflects on this board and the vendors mentioned in the thread.
    It just does not belong here all out in the open.
    "Proud Pound Hawg"
    Republic of Texas H.O.G. (Hennessy Owners Group)

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    You posted asking a thread that conforms to the rules of Hammockforums to be deleted because you do not like it.

This is an area to post all things Hammockgear so this discussion is relevant to this forum, and it is exactly like changing the channel, if you don't like it don't watch as long as no rules of the forum are broken. Just like TV you don't have to come back to "this" channel, and just like TV's parental controls you can block any user that does not share your views.

Your opinion is that it does not belong out in the open, so you can voice your opinion "out in the open" but those that have anything less than an A+ experience need to keep it to themselves, are you serious?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Ying & Yang to everything.
    Sing/Sang
    Ring/Rang
    Wing/Wang
    Ting/Tang
    Up/Down/
    In/Out
    Good/Bad
    For/Against

Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post

Ying & Yang to everything.
    Sing/Sang
    Ring/Rang
    Wing/Wang
    Ting/Tang
    Up/Down/
    In/Out
    Good/Bad
    For/Against

Shug
    Exactly, the small companies we love get better because of the discussions on here, both good and bad. Honest gear reviews help all of us.

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images
    You need to take the good with the bad. If the community "allows" positive feedback on a vendor's CS in all fairness they shouldn't discourage criticism.

Should the reviewer work with the vendor first and post an honest review of the CS? Yes. If the customer still has a bad experience they should be allowed to share it.

IMO, It all comes down to people who place the vendors here on a pedestal. They get emotionally attached with the vendors and use emotions rather than rational thoughts when responding to the threads on poor CS. They view the vendors as friends rather than a business relationship.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast