sld treerunner dl
    Tarp
    toxaway
    Insulation
    hg incubator uq
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies

question about AHE tarp suspension....

I am looking at the Toxaway tarp as I consider my tarp options. looking at the various ways to suspend the tarp on their website. the 2 mini carabiners attached to the end of a ridgeline looks simple and easy and is appealing. my question....are the mini biners small enough to be able to pass thru the d rings on each end of the tarp? or are the mini biners spliced onto the ridgeline and thus the ridgeline is permanently affixed to the tarp? (I wouldn't want this).

sorry if this is trivial. I know from reading here the guy who runs the company is busy with orders and I didn't want to trouble him with this. Thx for any response.

Images
    Paul is great about getting back to you if you do send him a question.

If he builds this system similar to the one I have there are loops for each biner. So it wouldn't have to go through the d ring.

I use his 2 line tarp suspension on my toxaway. It is simple to set up and easy to use. It has a prussic on each side to easily adjust the length. In fact sometimes it seems like the prussic hold too good. If that does happen twist/loosen them a little and they work like a charm. I also use his tarp guylines. They adjust the same way, and those prussic hold just as good.

Ragnall

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    4Shot, never worry about hollering at us. We work hard to be very available to help with questions and try to get back as quickly as possible...usually same day if it's a week day.

The carabiners that clip to the tarp are removable on our various ridge lines so that you could thread the line through the tarp if you should really need to. However with most set ups you should not need to thread the line simply clip the carabiner to the tarps D ring and adjust the tension. We make all of the ridge lines with the capability for you to remove it as needed with just seconds to do so.

Hope that helps but holler if you have further questions we can help with.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    sld treerunner dl
    Tarp
    toxaway
    Insulation
    hg incubator uq
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    4Shot, never worry about hollering at us. We work hard to be very available to help with questions and try to get back as quickly as possible...usually same day if it's a week day.

The carabiners that clip to the tarp are removable on our various ridge lines so that you could thread the line through the tarp if you should really need to. However with most set ups you should not need to thread the line simply clip the carabiner to the tarps D ring and adjust the tension. We make all of the ridge lines with the capability for you to remove it as needed with just seconds to do so.

Hope that helps but holler if you have further questions we can help with.
    thanks for both responses above. After reading them, I went back and looked at the diagram (the sketch by Derek). I had originally misinterpreted it...I thought the ridgeline was threaded. hated to bother you at work with such a small matter.

Hammock
    Dream - Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Superfly/Mac Cat
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just got my simple single from Paul at AHE. Works great with my WB Superfly. Paul was easy to work with and he knows how to take care of his customers. You won't be disappointed with AHE or the service and value received.

Hammock
    sld treerunner dl
    Tarp
    toxaway
    Insulation
    hg incubator uq
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    thanks. I just ordered both the simple single and the 2 line system plus a toxaway tarp yesterday (and a superfly as well). I am outfitting for myself and my better half. Thought the doors would appeal to my wife with maybe some added privacy and weather protection (plus I can use it for winter campouts which she usually avoids). I am looking forward to setting up both and testing them.

• + New Posts