WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Seriously, there' no wrong answer on what to bring. The meats are covered so any side dish or chips or cookies or anything from the store. We're campers! We enjoy most anything. Thanks for asking. Doesn't matter if we double up on things.

Drinks are also good to bring. A couple of bottles of pop. Or some cans. What doesn't get opened can be taken home.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

Bears?

I have camped at the Riverside and Beaver Creek campgrounds since the early 80s. While I have not been bothered by bears, I have seen them in both campgrounds. Treat foods accordingly. This area is prime black bear habitat.

Raccoons, chipmunks and mice can be a problem as well. Probably best to store food in your vehicle, and it goes to say no foodstuffs in the hammock!

Jim

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I am so looking forward to meeting the so many that I have talked to for years. Looks like we are going to have great weather. Try to bring your own plates and utensils that can be washed so we don't make a bunch of trash. Plan on recycling your bottles and cans. I think we will have the benefit of trash cans here but bringing a bag is a good idea. Don't bring firewood from out of the area as it might introduce those crawly things that are harmful to the forest.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    MazGear
    Tarp
    MazGear/SuperFly
    Insulation
    MazGear/HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Well I can't speak for everyone but I'm really excited for this hang!!!! We'll be headed down after work on Friday so we will arrive around 9-10ish. We've never been to this campground so we're not to sure on the hanging situation. So my dad and I will be bringing our TurtleDog stands (if that's still what it's called, haven't checked that thread in awhile). I'm guessing since it's a developed campground for ground dwellers there will be nice areas for the stands....Just a thought....Looking forward to meeting some new members and catching up with old friends ....you know who you are!!! Everyone be safe in your travels and we will see you there!!!!
    Maz

Hammock
    DIY
    Images

still need a coffee pot or urn

Anybody got a large coffee urn? Zilla's bringing coffee, and there's electricity at the picnic shelter. It would be nice to have coffee ready for those who show up early (in the dark, almost). Alternatively, a one-gallon steel coffee pot would do. We have a couple of thermos bottles to keep smaller amounts of coffee hot, and I learned a great way to settle the grounds in cowboy coffee from Canoebie last week. See 0:23 to 1:10 in the following video.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsaults View Post
    I have camped at the Riverside and Beaver Creek campgrounds since the early 80s. While I have not been bothered by bears, I have seen them in both campgrounds. Treat foods accordingly. This area is prime black bear habitat.

Raccoons, chipmunks and mice can be a problem as well. Probably best to store food in your vehicle, and it goes to say no foodstuffs in the hammock!

Jim
    I was wondering about that. How far is the overflow parking area from the pavilion so we can take food back & forth?
    I found that having a wheel barrel is extremely helpful for shuffling stuff like coolers, food boxes, lots of gear, firewood, etc.
    BTW, I will have the 20' x 30' tarp & rope.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    DIY
    Images

No wheelbarrow

The picnic shelter is five miles from Riverside Campground. It's one of the prettiest five mile drives I know, but ....

With the full moon, it would be easy to hike to breakfast on Saturday via the Arrowhead Trail or Jesse's Cove Trail, both of which connect to the Anne Bailey Trail, then the T. M. Cheek Trail. Hiking distance is also about 5 miles, so allow a couple of hours. An even better hike would be doing that route in reverse after the Saturday evening potluck (carrying all the loot you won in the raffle).

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    WV, where is extra parking?
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    DIY
    Images

Parking

Extra parking for campers is in the campground, very close to our potential campsites, but it only has space for 10 or 12 cars. We can only have two vehicles at each campsite, so we may have to park some vehicles along the road.

Parking at the picnic shelter is also limited - maybe 30 or 40 vehicles (I could be way off on that estimate). We'll need to figure things out as we go along. The Park staff has given assurances that they will help us find solutions.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    i am mapquesting this and it comes up-watoga state park north
    marlinto wv24954 is this correct,and does anyone know what route is best from jersey, i am near the jersey pennsy turnpike connection

• + New Posts
  • Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast