WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    My 50 degree Jarbidge and my 40 degree down UG UQ I attached them at the corners of the hammock and strung them accordingly using plastic Dutch clips, and both worked nicely,,the sides of the quilts came up higher in the middle of the RR to where you couldn't use the Saddle bags tho, and I wanted to use them. I took the 50 degree Jarbidge and modifide the sides of it adding 1/8 shockchord down the sides and hand seewing it folded over to match the countour of the RR sides so the saddlebags were exposed..It now fits super nice and mimicks the Lynx in the fit. ,,,,in venting the Lynx at 65-67 degrees at nite, in the house,,it works fantastic,,if I tighten it a smidge tho using 1/8 bungie loops on the corners,,you will warm up quickly. The placement of the down is very nice by Brandon,,looks like there is more down in the trunk of your upper body and butt area, and maybe less in the legs and foot area,,and maybe its just me..but I really like the glove fit of this quilt. For outside in cold conditions, just clip it on and sleep,,no adustments period.

I want to add this BillyBob58...I would really have to attach with extra bungie chords, my 20 degree Underground UQ(wieghs 25.9 oz) with 2 oz extra down, as its way to big for the RR. And would really have to tighten the suspension up to where it would ride way higher that the sides of the RR. I could attach it fine on the corners of the head end, but at the foot end, would find myself maybe even taking the suspension and wrapping parts of it round the foot spreader bar as a rectangular quilt is alot of quilt for the RR. way too much for me. Lynx is made for it and a couple of other Cottage Makers are making/or going to make quilts for the RR to fit as well.
    Last edited by Acer; 02-25-2013 at 20:08.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Had the grandkids over last nite for dinner,,left the furnace kicked up to 73 degrees all nite..woke this morning with the Lynx vented,,and this quilt is totally awesome when vented,,didn't even get cool or hot and slept perfect just like I had been using it at 65 degrees at nite. Never figured that it would be almost perfect for this kind of temp rating at all, but its an amazing quilt the way its made. Will keep posting how I use this awesome quilt. Kudos to Brandon and WB.

Images
    Thanks for the tips guys.

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    ...woke this morning with the Lynx vented...
    Acer, How do you vent your Lynx?
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Acer, more reasons I wish you were coming to Savage Gulf, I got to lay in a RR at Rev's hang but didn't study how the quilt was rigged to it. You make is sound magical and I bet it is!
    I've slept several times this past week in a Eureka Chrysalis (thanks BajaHanger!) and it was very very similar in lay to the RR but the Chrysalis is something I'd never backpack with unless I had a porter.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Acer, How do you vent your Lynx?
    On the head end,,I took and made a loop of very small chord of 2" dia. and attached each of the small beiners to, on the foot end 3" loops of 1/8 shock chord, Experiment making the loops the size you want to attach each beiner at the corners leaving a gap in the quilt except my butt barely touching and when you place your hand underneath between the quilt and the hammock,,you can still feel alot of heat radiating between the quilt and the hammock body. Lots of heat venting out the foot and head ends. This quilt puts out an amazing amount of warmth for the design even tho I had a extra oz of down added which isn't much considering the size of the baffles of the quilt itself. I am going to leave the loops on as they had no weight whatsoever to the hammock and when I need more warmth will just attach either the foot end or the head end for starters or attach it to the hammock for full strength warmth when needed. I think if you just use your imagination and just experiment alittle, there are lots of ways to vent this quilt to your desired temp. rating and comfort level.

MedicineMan,,kept watching this hike at Savage Gulf as been thru area many many times traveling south and fishing there as well,,and your dates and my work schedule just screws me up this time of year to do anything, and when I do get a weekend or day off, its time only to relax and get ready for another "run and gun" week of hectic scheduled show setups, phone calls, emails, contract negociations, paperwork. I just got a email last nite (Sat. Nite) on a show wanting a quote that I do every 2 or 3 yrs, as it rotates from state to state,,Nat. Jr. Angus Show, for 2014 and never no rest even if I am at home. You live with this type of buisiness 24/7 and all your clients know it. But,,big break for me comes at end of April..can't wait.
    Last edited by Acer; 03-03-2013 at 13:01.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12