Hammock
    BIAS WWM w/ Knotty
    Tarp
    Shangri La
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 & Bag
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Best of luck, it's a different design to go with the waterproof fabrics, not entirely sure if that would appeal to many of us.

I would find someone who is a cinematographer to do your video, it could use some polish. Kickstarter works much better if everything is polished and really appeals to people. They are used to corporate level presentations, this just isn't quite there yet.

Hammock
    SwithcBack
    Tarp
    Edge or TrailStar
    Insulation
    quilts and pads
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    Images

Thumbs up I'm in!

I made 300 $ pledge. Hope it is a success. This is something I have been thinking of myself. Add Thermarest NeoAir All-season and quilt and there You go!

Condensation may be problem in not alpine environments (no dry and cold air) but with Wiggy's bag that should not be too big problem.

Hope they make size big enough for us bigger guys, me about 193 cm.

Hammock
    JRB Bridge and WB Traveller
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    Leighlo and Incb.
    Suspension
    WS
    A hammock feels more like a blanket than it does a tarp, hence I believe it should not be waterproof. Now, I could be wrong about that!

Hammock
    SwithcBack
    Tarp
    Edge or TrailStar
    Insulation
    quilts and pads
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    Images

I do not know either

Quote Originally Posted by Chammocks View Post
    A hammock feels more like a blanket than it does a tarp, hence I believe it should not be waterproof. Now, I could be wrong about that!
    But I want to test it. This product would be useful even if I could use it only for small nap brake during day trip. I could take only the hammock with me sit during lunch and take a nap even if some rain falls in. No need for tarp or anything more complicated.

I'm pretty sure DIY peoples have tested this, but there has been some problems and they do not advertise it actively.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    Doesn't GT make something like this? I think it was called the Hybrid? Basically a hammock, bivy or tarp in it various configurations.

This Alpine hammock looks like took a bivy with straps on it. Not much room to get diagonal as far as I can tell.

Trying to figure out who this would appeal to. If I am above tree line, it usually is to summit and then back down I go. If I must stay above tree line for multiple nights, I'm bringing something more substantial than a bivy. I think I would get clusterphobic in the Alpine hammock

I do appreciate the fact that these guys are trying something different and wish them success.

S

Hammock
    SwithcBack
    Tarp
    Edge or TrailStar
    Insulation
    quilts and pads
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    Images

Different product

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Doesn't GT make something like this? I think it was called the Hybrid? Basically a hammock, bivy or tarp in it various configurations.
    S
    No, it has not got mosquito netting, no breathable weather cover or anything like that.

Basically it is just hammock made of 2 waterproof fabrics sewn together. There is no way it could be used same time for weather protection and hammock, weather protection modes are tarps and lean to's. etc.

And it is too small to my likings to be used as a tarp.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    So the hammock material is waterproof, if I read the specs correctly.
    That's great for a ground bivy sack but bad for a hammock. I realize there isn't much of a middle ground there.
    @MAD777 - the hammock material is coated nylon and the rainfly is waterproof breathable.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJJ View Post
    Just a suggestion - use the ring thing or something to suspend the bugnet OFF YOUR PERSON! I don't know about Alpine mosquitos but Minnesota mosquitos aren't fooled by bugnet, if they can poke you through it, or hammock fabric, or bluejeans, socks, you name it, they're gonna feast on you wherever the netting comes close enough to reach you! It would also serve to provide some "space" for the more claustrophobic among us.

Great idea! I'm sure you'll get lots of feedback from the early testers!

PS What's your company name? I'd sure be putting that money in to a corporation and not your own pockets. S Corps will tax you personally on the company earnings, so consider other corporate structures. (get legal advise) IRS is rather like mosquitos, they'll get you any way they can, they outnumber you and never ever give up!
    @SteveJJ – yes we’ve got some Velcro sewn onto the bug net to attach to the pole, it’s not shown well in our video though. I have the same problem in Maine with the moose flies, bites right through the bug netting if its resting on your skin, they even bite you under water, yikes. Good IRS quote we’ve got a bunch of free legal advice so far, definitely planning to start a company eventually

@bindibadgi thanks for the suggestion, perhaps we’ll do a kickstarter update that goes more into the detail of setting up the hammock so it shows the pole setup and how the bug net is kept off your body.

Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    I have a question. If you're in a real frog-strangler downpour and you want to get out of the hammock to relieve yourself, how do you do it with out it filling up with water?

Best of luck to you guys.
    @Redoleary if you’re male (or female with a Lady J) then I’d use a Nalgene and not even go outside, but that’s just me . Good point on the “relieving yourself in the rain” scenario, I have a similar issue with bivies. With our product, there are two zipper pulls on the rainfly, one on either end, the way I would do it would be to have both zipper pulls located along the side of the hammock, unzip them enough to get your legs, then body out of the hammock. There’s a 2” overhang of material over the waterproof zipper so that should help a little bit, but I suppose the moral of the story is, if you have to relieve yourself in a massive rainstorm do it quickly and do it carefully.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast