Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images

Momentum 90 MR mini ripstop hammock

Couple of days ago, I finished out making and rigging a Momentum 90 MR mini ripstop hammock. Previously, I had posted the progress of making a momentum 90 T 11' hammock in this post.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=55509

This hammock started out with 120" long x 58.5" wide piece of momentum 90 MR material from Thru-Hiker suppliers, http://thru-hiker.com/materials/breathable.php

Total weight of the fabric with the sides and ends rolled hemmed with 1/2" pockets weighed in at 5.9 oz's. Rigged with RL and 7/64 dia amsteel whoopies from http://www.whoopieslings.com/ and using also the Nano 23 Beiners they offer you, plus Dutch Quilt Hooks from dutchware.outdoortrailgear.com and also off the Whoopies was hanging a couple of Dutch's small nite led lites. From the RL you will also see a Wilderness Logic's Gear pouch http://wildernesslogics.com/GEAR-POU...GEAR-POUCH.htm and all of this stuffed into a Cuben Hammock stuff sack from Zpacks.com. I also included on this hammock the Knotty Mod of which will be a pick below. Total weight rigged out with everything including also in the cuben stuff sack 2 nlyon tree straps, and 2-4' amsteel extenders with loops, and a piece of 3' x 3' folded 6 mil plastic ground cloth,,, came it at a very nice lite 16.1 oz. So if your a gram weinie, you could lighten the load even more by leaving some of the bells and whistles I am using on it at home.

The Momentum 90 MR ripstop fabric, after sleeping on it for the past couple of nites I find, at the 10' length, very comfy,,with no leg stress. This is the first 10' length hammock I have found the best comfort in. The feel of the ripstop is a dash different that the Momentum Tafetta in which,,I think the tafetta feels warmer and softer than ripstop,,,but,,I really like the feel of the Momentum MR Ripstop as well and especially am amazed at the total comfort as it gives just enough stretch in the leg area to have no calf or knee pressure that I felt in the 5-6 other hammocks I had previously used. The fininished weight of both hammocks,,this one coming in at 16.1 oz. and the Momentum 90 T 11' hammock coming in at 19. 1 totally rigged and loaded are considerably lighter than my other hammocks as well of which I was hoping for as I am saving quite a few oz's of pack weight using these materials. Now,,which hammock do I use the most of as I love the both of them??? Below are a few pics of the coyote brown Momentum 90 MR mini ripstop hammock.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Looks perfect, Acer!

Please let us know how it holds up, long term.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I will,,,the momentum 90 T 11' hammock, have slept in it every nite since the 5th,,now going to test this one out and see how it holds up,,so far its super comfy for a 10fter.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images

pushing pushing pushing the envelope

Love it! The Knotty side mod looks great.
    Whoever you are getting to do the injecting does a great job.
    There is only on problem, you look TOO relaxed in it.
    Side note, I think you are missplaced in Indiana, you need to be in the mountains
    Just got word Neutron has completed the double bottom m50..will report back on that.
    On yours seems like you've completely eliminated the calf problem so that is a woohoo!
    Noticed the Dutch Quilt hooks....I'm still afraid of applying them, my fear I know, just that there is a pointy thing and when I pack up ALL goes together and dont want to risk putting a how in a UQ or TQ or cuben sock.
    Like the dedicted poles in the yard for hammock science. I've done that too but am thinking of adding more for more combos.
    Great job Acer....what is next in your hammock lab?

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Love it! The Knotty side mod looks great.
    Whoever you are getting to do the injecting does a great job.
    There is only on problem, you look TOO relaxed in it.
    Side note, I think you are missplaced in Indiana, you need to be in the mountains
    Just got word Neutron has completed the double bottom m50..will report back on that.
    On yours seems like you've completely eliminated the calf problem so that is a woohoo!
    Noticed the Dutch Quilt hooks....I'm still afraid of applying them, my fear I know, just that there is a pointy thing and when I pack up ALL goes together and dont want to risk putting a how in a UQ or TQ or cuben sock.
    Like the dedicted poles in the yard for hammock science. I've done that too but am thinking of adding more for more combos.
    Great job Acer....what is next in your hammock lab?
    I have used the Dutch Quilt Hooks ever since they came out and have no problem with them catching on anything as I stuff all my hammocks into a double open-ended hammock stuff bag,,now using all cuben from Zpacks on all my hammocks except the wifes skeeter beater pro,,she won't let me cut the bag off it to lighten it up..On this Momentum 90MR,,,I set my rigde line all the way out to 108.5" on this 10' hammock,,,in the house,,and get a perfect lay in it,,but,,the spread in the house to the attachment hooks in the walls is 18'. Out side,,will shorten it up a bit. Works like a champ for a perfect lay as I, so far,,have slept like a baby. Planning on adding a pole in the yard, as I have it too near the hummingbird feeders and because its dry,,have now about 50-75 birds hitting the feeders at one time, and hanging under the yellow poplar tree has been non existant this year because of the honey dew dripping off the leaves cause of the "scale" buildup this year,,old timers says its the worst in over 30 years and super messy,,just don't want to get it on the tarp or hammock so yesterday,,told the wife another pole is going up somewhere in the front,,just haven't decided yet. See posting on the Momentum 90T,,,had a failure on it yesterday so will post on it.

• + New Posts