Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
    I noticed someone mentioned in that same thread about shock cording the entire side. If you already have a hem anyway, Has anyone tried putting a 1/16 shock cord full length? If it was tied someway into the gathered end, it may or may not weigh less than the grosgrain attachemnts and accomplish the same task.
    Using 1/16" or 3/32" shock cord doesn't work full length. It's not strong enough. I found that a short length of 1/8" shock cord (about 18" to 24") attached to something lighter for the rest of the length works well. I've used Dynaglide (which is overkill), Dacron kite line, and Spectra kite line. There's not a lot of stress on the the line, so Dacron is the Goldilocks choice: not stronger than necessary and not too expensive - just right.

M5.0 double layer is done. Thanks Vortex. She made it the classic 120 * 60 size to fit MedicineMan. The weight is 230 gm, 8.11 oz. I have used Sgt Rocks Gathered end and it is ready for the Dutch Hooks. It was 222 gm, 7.83 oz before adding the Gathering Amsteel I could have lighted a little more with the classic gathered end and Dynaglide instead of Amsteel. MedicineMan worries about the smaller diameter dynaglide working as "saw" on this thin fabric. I am waiting on medicine man for the Video. Hopefully there will be no falls here. I think it will support up to 200 pounds without problems.

After working with this M50 from thru-Hiker, It is a taffeta and once a tear is started, it seems to rip through. If it fails, I expect a catastrophic failure. I am planning a single layer M50. I am ready to order the material. I have seen references to M50 MicroRiptop in equipment specs on some sleeping bags. Anyone know a source for the M50 in MicroRipstop??

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Anxiously waiting test results to see if material holds..I sure hope so as I know alot of work, effort, and time, goes into this project. Keep us posted..
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Have been waiting on MedicineMan to get back from Vacation. He started another thread on the M50 double. Initial tests - it held. Long term, We need 20 nights in it first.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...hlight=neutron

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I am working on a mod to the BMBH UL with Momentum 90MR,,,a SEEP attached to the bridge hammock. Hand sewing everything as don't have a machine and so far have 14-15 hrs in it,,think it will at about 6-7 ozs to the bridge but slept with it over the RL last nite in the house at 68 degrees and fan on me and still about 1pm had to open it up as was too friggin hot, and sweating.. So it will work for 5-10 degrees perfectly. When its done will post a video on it also. I didn't want a hammock sock as it would weight 10-12 oz and the momentum is super nite stuff to work work with,,,with a DWR finish.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    EE Revalation
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Any final results on the M55 single layer?

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789