WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Truthfully,,need to put this one thru the motions and see how its going to hold up,,but for now,,I see no problems at all and there is very little if any stretch,,while ago,,I was laying on my side more comforatable than in my Snipe, so I can't wait to sleep in this baby a few nites and see how it works out. The feel of laying on momentum 90 T is a very nice feel and so comfy.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

m50

Although I have no experience with either ive read m50 isn't as nice feeling...kinda plasticky

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I hate to say this, but I just endured the best nites sleep ever in a hammock!!! What have we all been missing? I know everybody is experimenting using different materials in Top Quilts mostly,,but all I can say is WOW! What a nites sleep. I don't remember anything I slept so hard. I did wake up at 3 am to wizz,,and it was just as easy to get in and out of this hammock. No stretch if any,,,no leg cramps..this hammock is the first 10fter that I have slept in that has been totally awesome comfort. Now I am thinking,,what other materials are out there for total comfort. We have a tendancy on this forum to look for the cheapest materials to make our hammocks out of...and look for the best materials to make our top quilts out of ...so what are the best materials out there to make our hammocks out of for total comfort, no matter how pricey they are??? What about the Momentum 90 MR or the PERTEX materials??? Anybody experiement with them on making hammocks?

Hammock
    Darien UL, Ridgerunner, DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Acer,
    what length ridgeline are you using for this hammock?
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Hammock is about 10' 6" long,,and so far,,in tweaking and playing with the RL,,and only 1 nites sleep..I have it set right now at 106,,,last nites sleep was at 102..but finding out,,no matter where I put the RL,,the lay is perfect as to the feel of the material. I am laying on the dull side of the fabric with the finished side out..I treated it with Permethrin and the DWR finish really is awesome as the spray pretty much beaded up everywhere on the outside of it and dried very quickly. However,,its super hot outside for 78 this morning at 0730am. They are predicting another day of 105 plus and tomorrow a couple of degrees hotter..then this heat spell finally breaks.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock DangerBird
    Tarp
    HG CF w/doors
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0'
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    I am laying on the dull side of the fabric with the finished side out..
    NOTE: this fabric has pronounced shiny and dull sides. The dull side is the face side (aka the "right" side) and the shiny side is the wrong side which should go on the inside of your project.
    "Religion is the most malevolent of all mind viruses." - Arthur C. Clarke

Hammock
    Darien UL, Ridgerunner, DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Hammock is about 10' 6" long,,and so far,,in tweaking and playing with the RL,,and only 1 nites sleep..I have it set right now at 106,,,last nites sleep was at 102..but finding out,,no matter where I put the RL,,the lay is perfect as to the feel of the material. I am laying on the dull side of the fabric with the finished side out..I treated it with Permethrin and the DWR finish really is awesome as the spray pretty much beaded up everywhere on the outside of it and dried very quickly. However,,its super hot outside for 78 this morning at 0730am. They are predicting another day of 105 plus and tomorrow a couple of degrees hotter..then this heat spell finally breaks.
    Thanks, I have been playing around with the ridgeline on my snipe and can't seem to find a length that works for sleeping and for sitting. usually when I go with 102" or 103" it is great lay for sleeping but the RL sags to much for sitting.
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by logrus View Post
    NOTE: this fabric has pronounced shiny and dull sides. The dull side is the face side (aka the "right" side) and the shiny side is the wrong side which should go on the inside of your project.
    Right,,,the dull side on your quilts are touching you,,with the shiny side touching the down...So I have the dull side touching me,,and the shiny side exposed to the elements and its a very great comfortable feel...and very breathable this way,, the shiny side is very slick and you will slide around. Works for me this way and my way of thinking...maybe i am wrong, but will keep testing both ways. So far this is perfection in my opinion, but will keep testing. And I might add..the UQ is going against the shiny side. That would keep with my consept of thinking,,aka UQ is the down filling if using the material for making TQ's.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock DangerBird
    Tarp
    HG CF w/doors
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0'
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Right,,,the dull side on your quilts are touching you,,with the shiny side touching the down...So I have the dull side touching me,,and the shiny side exposed to the elements and its a very great comfortable feel...and very breathable this way,, the shiny side is very slick and you will slide around. Works for me this way and my way of thinking...maybe i am wrong, but will keep testing both ways. So far this is perfection in my opinion, but will keep testing. And I might add..the UQ is going against the shiny side. That would keep with my consept of thinking,,aka UQ is the down filling if using the material for making TQ's.
    What you say definitely makes sense to me in terms of comfort, I do however wonder how the DWR is applied, if it's to a side or if it's simply soaked in it.
    "Religion is the most malevolent of all mind viruses." - Arthur C. Clarke

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by logrus View Post
    What you say definitely makes sense to me in terms of comfort, I do however wonder how the DWR is applied, if it's to a side or if it's simply soaked in it.

If you go to thru-hiker.com on the M-50 they say the manufacturer is using the highest quality of Teflon DWR..it doesn't say for the other fabrics. If you contact them,,maybe they can answer you,,but the permethrin beaded up very easily with Sawyers Spray Permethrin. So much that I lightly wiped it down even tho it was totally wet with a paper towel to remove the excess. And it didn't work thru to the dull side as I checked. The smell didn't even work thru to the dull side.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast