Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ENO hammock vs. Hennessy hammock

I am new to hammock camping and purchased an ENO hammock before doing research into different brands and styles. I have been looking into the Hennessy hammock more now and I am wondering if I made the wrong choice by purchasing the ENO instead of the Hennessy. I was hoping for some input from people who have had both brands of hammocks or who have the Hennessy hammock. Thanks.

Images
    does ENO make a hammock with bugnet? i'm having trouble even comparing the two companies.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I tend to agree with Kayak Karl, they really are two different hammocks.

But a mistake? I don't think that is the case. Do you find the ENO comfortable? That's really the primary standard, everything else is just dependent on the user's needs. The ENO, TrekLights, and Ticket To The Moon hammocks are among my favorites. They are a great all-purpose hammock that can be made to work for most users. The only real hitch is the weight of those hammocks. For a long distance hiker, probably not the best choice out there. But, a bug-net can be added to make those hammocks just as capable as the others out there.

My first camping hammock was a Hennessy. It was followed in a fairly short amount of time by an ENO. Both great hammocks, but the ENO probably still gets more use.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    Tree straps & CRL
    I have been using an ENO DN for a couple of years. I am so comfortable in it I have not tried anything else for outdoor camping. I enjoy its simplicity in setting up. I carry a separate bug net that I use only when needed. I use a sleeping bag that I converted into an UQ for warmth. The ENO is not a mistake. You may choose to buy a second hammock just because you want to, but odds are you will always have that ENO stashed somewhere close by. Just in case.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    There's no mistake if you find it comfortable. If you can sleep in it then thatt's the most important thing. For me I use my ENO hammocks for day trips or lounging at camp. For backpacking I use a hammock with an integrated bugnet (Warbonnet Blackbird) which is the same concept as the Hennesy. I find my ENO wraps around me more which is conducive to different positions like for when I'm reading. In my backpacking hammocks I feel flatter which is good for overnight. Keep using your ENO and see if it suits you and suits what you want to use it for.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    DIY Bic bridge, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/Owyhee
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images
    I'm pretty green in the hammock camping world myself. I first bought a Hennessy Expedition last year without much knowledge, and a few months ago I bought an ENO double nest. I think the ENO is more comfortable and really enjoy the extra room it provides. However, I really like that the Hennessy has everything you need in 1 package (tarp and mosquito net) so I will be taking that one on most camping trips because I usually have to deal with bugs.

Actually.... I'll probably start taking both hammocks for camping because I'm usually car camping or canoeing and weight isn't usually an issue for me. At night, I am thinking of hanging the ENO below my Hennessy to hold some kind of insulation (sleeping bag, sleeping pad, clothes, etc.) underneath me. That way, I can also use the ENO for daytime lounging too.

Thanks for the advice guys. I will just keep it and see what I think about it in a few weeks after some camping.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    I've not tried the ENO DN's yet...but even as the proud owner of a HH Explorer Deluxe, I've got to agree that as long as you like what you're using...there is no 'wrong'.

If what you bought meets your needs, and you're enjoying it...it's all good. And if you get out there and find that it doesn't...you learned something. Put it up for sale here, and use that money to try something else...IF you find it doesn't suit your needs.

There's no right or wrong...just what works for you.

Hammock
    North American
    Tarp
    sil-nylon rain fly
    Insulation
    bag/pad combo
    Suspension
    slapstraps
    Images
    I have both and a scout, I have found that the eno dn is more comfortable than the hh explorer. The only hitch is that the eno comes with a hammock, everthing else is purchased seperatly. Aside from that, I spend more time in the eno than in the hh.
    Happy Hanging To All

S-size up the situation
    U-undue haste makes waste
    R-remember where you are
    V-vanquish fear and panic
    I-improvise
    V-value living
    A-act like the natives
    L-live by your wits

personally i have a hyperlite hennessy hammock and don't see how the design can really be improved, but its all opinion and comfort. i love that the hennessy is all inclusive in terms of the net and i have the zip model which is easy for me. ive been in bad weather and no issues. the fact that you can lay nearly flat is huge for me, but many others like a bit of sag so its opinion based. theyre both good products, when it comes to hammocks you truly have to try some out and see what you like

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast