Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anna's Hammocks

Thanks for all the input!

Hi there folks! Anna of Anna's Hammocks here. I want to thank you all for taking the time to review my hammocks and my website. We have gotten a great response since we launched the site about a month ago. While we are really pleased with the sales, we are also pretty surprised by all the attention. We expected to start slow and make adjustments as we grew. Well! We are making a few changes just as fast as we can! To start, we hope to have hammock straps ready for sale on the next few weeks. My friends and I have been using ropes for years and while they seemed fine to us, I am really excited to try out this new method. What a great idea! We will also look into making the hammocks a bit longer. I do want to respond to the comment that a sleeping bag in a hammock doesn't work. Let me assure you that this is an a actual unretouched photo of my friend Josh after a comfy night in one of my hammocks. I will admit that my wording on the website could be a little more precise though. I have experienced the agony of icy cold buns when I have overestimated the nighttime low temps! I will change the site to mention that crucial piece of gear: the sleeping pad. Although we have lined our hammocks with dry leaves on a pinch! So, that about covers it for now. Thanks again for all your input. I plan to incorporate all your excellent suggestions just as soon as possible. I'm looking forward to hearing your constructive comments in the future!

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    Welcome to the forums Anna.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Welcome to the fray Anna. I look forward to the growth. Of your company and your hammocks.
    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Hi there folks! Anna of Anna's Hammocks here. I plan to incorporate all your excellent suggestions just as soon as possible. I'm looking forward to hearing your constructive comments in the future!
    Welcome to the HFs Anna. Have you checked out DeJoha's book yet: The Ultimate Hang?

As far as a bag or pad, they work OK, but you could make some UnderQuilts to go with your products, too.

Again, Welcome!

Yep, welcome! I am very new here but I did like your site. As the others said it would be nice to see longer and wider hammocks available. Bookmarked your site!

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by picya12 View Post
    Anna and her husband Jon sleep in their hammocks whenever they go camping. It's impossible to get them to sleep in a tent! I am way too chicken to sleep in my hammock! In my defense, Anna and Jon live in Michigan. Where I go camping in Northern British Columbia and Vancouver Island, signs about precaution due to Bears and Cougars are ubiquitous and enough to convince me to carry and use a tent all the way. I'm sure I won't get a lot of sympathy from the hard core hammock users that make up this forum. You all are brave!
    Learn something every day! I didn't know that tents were bear and cougar proof.

Welcome aboard picya and Anna. Good luck Anna.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl1.7/Equip 1-Person
    Tarp
    GGear12x12',WB BMJ
    Insulation
    Jarbridge 3S/PLUQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Cinch
    Welcome Anna. Always glad to see anotherGood luck with your business.

There is a ton of great information here enough to have a major overload. But I'm sure if you look around you will get tons of inspiration and great advice.

Good luck with your business.
    Fry: "I can't swallow that!"
    Farnsworth: "Well then, good news! It's a suppository."

Hammock
    Anna's Hammocks

Human Twinkie!

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    Learn something every day! I didn't know that tents were bear and cougar proof.

Welcome aboard picya and Anna. Good luck Anna.
    Hahaha! You've got me there Olddog! I guess it's purely a psychological kind of bear proof. I honestly have no idea what is more "safe" in bear country. However, I can't help the thought that to a bear, a hammock camper would resemble a giant suspended human twinkie!
    Seriously though, does anyone know what to do if a bear comes around in the night, ie. clap and make noise or crap your pants as quietly as possible?
    picya12 - sister (and official HF question answerer!) of anna
    http://www.annashammocks.com/

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by picya12 View Post
    Hahaha! You've got me there Olddog! I guess it's purely a psychological kind of bear proof. I honestly have no idea what is more "safe" in bear country. However, I can't help the thought that to a bear, a hammock camper would resemble a giant suspended human twinkie!
    Seriously though, does anyone know what to do if a bear comes around in the night, ie. clap and make noise or crap your pants as quietly as possible?
    Hammocks are just as safe (or as vulnerable) as tents, but there are great ways to minimize your risks outdoors.

NEVER EVER sleep near or downwind from "smellable" items like food, kitchen items, food-soiled clothing etc. Keep a pair of clean sleeping clothes separate from your hiking clothes that you change in to when you go to bed.

Animals are attracted by smell, primarily.

In wilderness areas where animals are still afraid of humans, you can often scare them away with sounds or sights. I've seen and read about places on the AT where the bears simply ignored hikers as they clawed through backpacks.

Hang or securely cache your food at least 200 feet away and downwind from your sleeping area.

Hammock
    Kammok or WB RR ,Yunon earth
    Tarp
    Superfly w/ doors
    Insulation
    Snugfit & Burrow
    Suspension
    dutch cilps

Smile

I might want one how much are they

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast