Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Notice the page on the site states "warm on chilly nights (simply add a sleeping bag)."
    and it shows a guy laying in his sleeping bag on top of the hammock. We all know that doesn't work!!

Hammock
    Calrk NX 250
    Tarp
    Vertex Fly
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch's
    They look like a great place for me to get starter hammocks for my boys. I think that with some patience and a little more exposure to this site Anna's Hammocks will make updates rather quickly.

Of course when I bought my Clark NX250 the first thing I did before I even had it in my hands was to order whoopies for it.

Why not give them a little leeway and help her understand what some of the new ideas and inventions are before criticizing them.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by woodhunter View Post

Why not give them a little leeway and help her understand what some of the new ideas and inventions are before criticizing them.
    That's what we are doing.

The OP requested that we check out the website and tell him what we think. We're doing exactly what we were asked to do, offering feedback to what we have seen on the site. I don't see it as criticism at all. We have "seen the light" here regarding simpler, lighter, and much more flexible suspension systems, and we are expressing that to a new vendor. Whether the ideas we present are accepted or are simply seen as criticism is entirely up to the owner of Anna's Hammocks.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Anna's Hammocks

Sister of Anna!

Hi everyone- I am also new to this forum. I googled my sister's website and found this thread about her hammocks. I hope I can answer any questions that members may have about them. *Disclaimer* I am no hammock aficionado! The only one I have ever used is my hammock that Anna made for me in 2004. And just to be clear, Anna isn't either! She's really crafty with a sewing machine and started making them in '03 after witnessing the simple design during field work in Costa Rica. She made one for all of us (4 siblings) but had no intention of selling them. At her wedding in 2010, she gave a hammock to everyone in the bridal party including the photographer. He is the one in the first picture on her website having a snooze in his hammock at the wedding! My uncle saw them in action and thought they were great. He convinced her to start the company with him. I will certainly introduce her to this forum b/c there have been so many great suggestions for how to improve them.
    A little about me -I live in an apartment in Vancouver, BC and in lieu of a big backyard I hang my hammock up on my patio all summer. It's perfect for a read in the sun and friends that come over to visit always fight to sit in it! My two biggest hikes that I have done (and brought my hammock with me) are the Coast to Coast trail across Northern England and the Juan de Fuca trail on the west coast of Vancouver Island. For each hike, I slept in a tent but hung my hammock up at each campsite to relax after long days of hiking. I am a small person (5'3, 120lbs) but both my boyfriend (6'0, 200lbs) and I can sit in it, head to feet, and relax. We spent a lot of time doing just that on a trip to Nordhouse Dunes (Michigan) last summer. If you are in the market for an affordable, sturdy and lightweight hammock, this is the hammock for you.
    Anna's Hammock's just launched its website last month!
    http://annashammocks.com/AboutUs.html
    It's a brand new company so any feedback is welcome. She was just interviewed on her city's local news, the link is here if you'd like to have a look:
    http://www.fox17online.com/news/morningnews/emily/
    Cheers!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by picya12 View Post
    Hi everyone-
    Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by picya12 View Post
    If you are in the market for an affordable, sturdy and lightweight hammock, this is the hammock for you.
    Anna's Hammock's just launched its website last month!
    http://annashammocks.com/AboutUs.html
    It's a brand new company so any feedback is welcome. She was just interviewed on her city's local news, the link is here if you'd like to have a look:
    http://www.fox17online.com/news/morningnews/emily/
    Cheers!
    That's a lot of marketing spiel for your first post.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Welcome. As you may (or may not) have read in the previous posts, we are ready and willing to offer Anna advice on how to bring her hammock suspension methods up to par with the other hammock manufacturers. Simple rope suspension will not fit the bill. My hope is that you both will do a little research here that will help greatly to provide the best, most desirable product possible. Again, welcome to HF!

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    interesting history. Should be fun to watch. I'd suggest some folks need to spend a night in a hammock.

Hammock
    Anna's Hammocks

sleeping in anna's hammocks

Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    interesting history. Should be fun to watch. I'd suggest some folks need to spend a night in a hammock.
    Anna and her husband Jon sleep in their hammocks whenever they go camping. It's impossible to get them to sleep in a tent! I am way too chicken to sleep in my hammock! In my defense, Anna and Jon live in Michigan. Where I go camping in Northern British Columbia and Vancouver Island, signs about precaution due to Bears and Cougars are ubiquitous and enough to convince me to carry and use a tent all the way. I'm sure I won't get a lot of sympathy from the hard core hammock users that make up this forum. You all are brave!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Welcome to the HFs, picya12!

Bears & cougars abound here too, but they'll stay away. (Unless you accidentally call one up, like my buddies did last summer in the North Cascades. Injured rabbit call at about 1AM).

Hammock
    Anna's Hammocks

Bears and Cougars!

Thanks for your post Boomer. It makes me feel better about sleeping in my hammock despite the bear and cougar warnings. I'm not at all worried about cougars coming around in the night but I am super paranoid about bears. It sounds like you and friends had an encounter? Yikes.....

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast