WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Here's some pics again, of my OMW with the pole mods..works great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

that's perfect Acer. Seems the big difference to me is you used actual arrow notches and have string to connect it to, that's connected to the pullout.

In my pics, you can see, the pole sites directly in the pullout webbing. The extra 5 or 6 inches you get in string, is all the difference in the world as far as tension applied. I've modded my setup again to allow me an adjustable string attached to the pullout so I can choose how much tension to apply. Sitting them right on the webbing pocket just puts too much pressure with these poles.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    And,,,my arrow knocks are attached to 1/8 shock chord as well,,for tension and wind resistance,,,not string.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I also played with different sizes of arrow shafts..in the aluminum shafts as I have a couple of barrels full of shafts from my tourney days,,a 2117 shaft is too stiff,,its 21 thousands dia. and 17 thousands thick..you can use any shaft I think,,,2213, or 2413, or maybe even 2314s...however for a bend,,I really think you need to stay away from the shafts that have a 15 thousands thickness or higher,,as they are to stiff...and just won't bend..or give..if you understand what I am trying to say. All they need to do is provide tension and raise the sides of the tarp just enough to give you the room you seek...You can get the same results like Paul at Arrowhead with carbon shafts in the lighter carbon arrows however..your costs are going to be so high in DYI'ing them,,you might as well buy Arrowheads at 42.50. They are engineered to give him the bend that he seeks in his design of his tarp. Alittle engineering went into his consept and building of his tarp in my opinion.

Ever notice that on the lighter tent poles of the ultralite tent manufacturers,,they give you a spice kit (repair kit) just in case you break a tent pole? Its because those tent poles are so thin walled for the bend,,to make them work. You can also carry a extra piece of tubing,,i.e.larger arrow shaft piece for a splice kit, (repair kit)..with a piece of duc tape..with you if you think one of your tarp poles that your going to use,,breaks when your backpacking. I made one just in case a pole breaks and its a 2.5 piece of shaft to go over the arrowshafts I am using,,for a modest repair kit when out in the field with my tarp.
    Last edited by Acer; 01-31-2012 at 16:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    And,,,my arrow knocks are attached to 1/8 shock chord as well,,for tension and wind resistance,,,not string.
    I apologize.. string was generic a term. Have good eyes, still couldn't identify your "tether"

Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    I also played with different sizes of arrow shafts..in the aluminum shafts as I have a couple of barrels full of shafts from my tourney days,,a 2117 shaft is too stiff,,its 21 thousands dia. and 17 thousands thick..you can use any shaft I think,,,2213, or 2413, or maybe even 2314s...however for a bend,,I really think you need to stay away from the shafts that have a 15 thousands thickness or higher,,as they are to stiff...and just won't bend..or give..if you understand what I am trying to say. All they need to do is provide tension and raise the sides of the tarp just enough to give you the room you seek...You can get the same results like Paul at Arrowhead with carbon shafts in the lighter carbon arrows however..your costs are going to be so high in DYI'ing them,,you might as well buy Arrowheads at 42.50. They are engineered to give him the bend that he seeks in his design of his tarp. Alittle engineering went into his consept and building of his tarp in my opinion.

Ever notice that on the lighter tent poles of the ultralite tent manufacturers,,they give you a spice kit (repair kit) just in case you break a tent pole? Its because those tent poles are so thin walled for the bend,,to make them work. You can also carry a extra piece of tubing,,i.e.larger arrow shaft piece for a splice kit, (repair kit)..with a piece of duc tape..with you if you think one of your tarp poles that your going to use,,breaks when your backpacking. I made one just in case a pole breaks and its a 2.5 piece of shaft to go over the arrowshafts I am using,,for a modest repair kit when out in the field with my tarp.
    I think for 25.00 and some prussick tie outs it's absolutely serviceable, don't think it'll be THAT expensive. I went to Questoutfitters.com for my tent poles. Also, trying Paul was my very first stop. He makes you verify you've bought the entire 200.00 setup before you can buy replacement poles

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I use 1/8 shock chord on every tie of all my tarps for shock and tension since reading how everybody here on the forum does theirs,,for my tie outs,,just took the glow line off the shock chord to use the arrow nocks to attach the pole mods.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123