Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm keen for either buddy. I like the idea of the first as it gives us the most diverse options. Probably wont drop my pack though so if you'd rather do a loop with your fam that's cool with me. I'm trying to get my full pack dialed in, want to get some miles on it and want to make sure I don't hit any snags at Zaleski next weekend.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Sounds good to me. My pack is pretty well dialed in, so no need for me to carry it around, but I'll sure walk with ya!

Anybody else coming out?
    Mike, Backcountry Mentor
    https://backcountrymentor.com
    Check me out on YouTube!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuhqpe2xIWBXRVtpB5dxAJA

well Mikey, looks like the weather is trying to ruin our trip. Looking like cold temps are out, lows in the mid 30's now and rain on saturday...

Dont' really care to get out to hike in the rain.. will be stuck under our tarps as well. I'm gonna keep my eye on the weather and see if that rain gets stalled anywhere. Probabl wont head out if it's raining though. If it's not a lingerer it's all good, but dealing with on and off rain all day will suck. What're you thinking?

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    well Mikey, looks like the weather is trying to ruin our trip. Looking like cold temps are out, lows in the mid 30's now and rain on saturday...

Dont' really care to get out to hike in the rain.. will be stuck under our tarps as well. I'm gonna keep my eye on the weather and see if that rain gets stalled anywhere. Probabl wont head out if it's raining though. If it's not a lingerer it's all good, but dealing with on and off rain all day will suck. What're you thinking?
    I was going to post up this evening anyway. My wife got admitted to Cleveland Clinic this morning (she got a double lung transplant in January 2011, so even so much as a cold, and they are required to admit her to check for any organ rejection). We're not overly concerned just yet, and she'll hopefully be home tomorrow, but there's no way I could go out this weekend with a clear conscience. She'll need her rest, and I'll be taking care of my daughter. I've got a kid sized hammock to complete anyway.

We'll get out to Mohican again. I'm anxious to explore the south side, and it's so close to me, there's no way I can not do so soon. It looks like the trail system is much more extensive down there.

I'm still planning on hitting Zaleski next weekend, but I have to bail on this weekend either way.
    Mike, Backcountry Mentor
    https://backcountrymentor.com
    Check me out on YouTube!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuhqpe2xIWBXRVtpB5dxAJA

Hammock
    DD Camping Hammock
    Tarp
    DD 3x3 tarp
    Insulation
    Gossammer Gear CCF
    Suspension
    SB Poly-Whoopies
    Hello from SouthWest Ohio..

I'm new to this but thought I would say hi to my neighbors.

Also, thought I would fill you in on a relatively new backpacking trail in my area that other Ohioans could enjoy: The Twin Valley Backpacking Trail was unveiled Saturday, June 21, 2008. A lot of locals have "been there, done that" and outside of Montgomery and Warren counties, this trail is little known:
    http://www.metroparks.org/GetOutside...packTrail.aspx
    I think late Winter and early Spring would be a great time to have the trail to yourself.

-Matt-

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Hey Mike, keeping your family in my prayers.

Coincidentally, my wife and I got encouraging good news at the Dr. today that should make things much, much easier for us in the coming weeks so she gave me the green light for next weekend at Zaleski.

Now get to stitchin on that pink hammock and I'll see ya next week!

David

Sorry to here that Mike, praying everything is fine, sure it already is though. Definitely gotta stick around and be the rock for them. Keep us updated anyways buddy se we know you and the fam are doing good.

Dave, that's great to hear buddy. Can only be great news if things are looking to get easier. Looks like we'll have a nice little group for the Zaleski Hike'n'Hang next weekend, I'm pumped. You coming down Friday as well?

Matt, welcome buddy and thanks for the link. Looks like Ohio's been and continues to be a very active state as far as group hangs, keep your eyes out for'em and come out and check out some rigs and meet some good people

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Welcome Matt,

Good link, that trail is over in Hammike's neck of the woods maybe we should check it out for a possible hang.

I see you're still working on your gear. Definately you should come out for a group hang check out some gear and get acquainted.

David

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Mike and Dave, Hope all is well with your wives. Matt, welcome to the group! Not too far from ya. Let me know if ya wanna check out an UQ or somethin. Always open to take someone along on a hang.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Thanks Hammike,

@Slo, yes I was thinking to come out on Friday and stay for one night.

Matt if you'd like to come out, I could let you use a Blackbird.

David

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast