Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
    [o]TTer you are truely a hammock genius. Your winter recliner is awesome. I wouldn't be suprised to see a couple at our next hang!!!

What's next???

Oh, and your photos, as ever, are amazing!!!
    Thanks Chard, I will have a loaner or two for the next trip but you'll have to dust off those Snowshoes

The next item on the DIY to-do list is the stand accessories, I wasn’t joking about those, my Wife really wants the footrest for HER new chair!

Quote Originally Posted by mountainhanger View Post
    ok just gotta ask being a non diy kinda guy...for the most part....where i can i get one of those nifty recliners??? and that stand do you have a plan for that one??? thats a beautiful piece of furniture my friend!
    really WHERE CAN I GET ONE OF THESE?
    I’m working on the plans/patterns and a “step-by-step” this week, I hope to post the “Winter Recliner II” thread by, or during the weekend. The doc will include details for the UQ, “Hammock/chair” & Stand. My Wife will “Kick me to the Curb” if I try another business venture (I’m Ok at DIY…not Ok with responsibility or finances??) but if I find a manufacturer willing to take this on as a product, I will let you know.
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by [o]TTeR View Post
    I’m working on the plans/patterns and a “step-by-step” this week, I hope to post the “Winter Recliner II” thread by, or during the weekend. The doc will include details for the UQ, “Hammock/chair” & Stand. My Wife will “Kick me to the Curb” if I try another business venture (I’m Ok at DIY…not Ok with responsibility or finances??) but if I find a manufacturer willing to take this on as a product, I will let you know.
    Looking forward to the "How to" Otter. This will be a fun project to make.

Fronkey

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by [o]TTeR View Post

Fantastic news! Its the open sharing of ideas (and the genius of its members!) That drew my to HF. Have to say I am really looking forward to these! Wanted to have seen them for the sleeves as well!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

I still think this is ultra cool. After buying a WBRR, I swore off building more DIY bridges...
    But this....sweet. May have to dig out the thread injector again if you post plans.

Hammock
    WBBB / WWM
    Tarp
    OES
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing & whoops..
    Fantastic. Evolution of a UQ.

Looking at this again today. Looks like the recliner you first posted had a spreader bar behind the knees ans the suspension came off the corners. Version two looks like a gathered end at the seat with a corresponding suspension. And comment as to the comfort of one over the other?

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    I'm waiting on the how-to as well ... having sat in this very chair .. I can attest to the pure awesomeness of it .. it's warmth and comfort is paralleled by i'st pure ingenuity and unparallelled by it's beauty .. a true work of art !! And it's maker is a pretty **** cool guy ..
    "The wise man questions others wisdom because he questions his own, the foolish man because it is different from his own." Leo Stein

Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BER View Post
    Looking at this again today. Looks like the recliner you first posted had a spreader bar behind the knees ans the suspension came off the corners. Version two looks like a gathered end at the seat with a corresponding suspension. And comment as to the comfort of one over the other?
    Ah! You my friend, have nailed one of the primary design flaws and the reason why the WR-II has come into existence! The spreader bar in the first design turned the chair into a "slide" if you set the back at a high angle (in short, you couldn’t really sit upright without sitting on the bar eventually). In addition, the bar became uncomfortable (under the knees) after a short period of time no matter how the suspension was adjusted. I kept using the Chair but gave up on the bar shortly after the first post. Because the original chair length did not account for a gather on both ends, it feels a bit confined when you first get in it. Your shoulders eventually force the fabric to stretch to your shape, after that, good luck getting out of it; it’s the ultimate “downy goodness” hug! The new design offers more “adjustment” options because the bottom (or fold point) wraps around something (Biner, SMC Ring, hiking pole, good size tail stick…) you can use a spreader bar if desired but I’ve become very fond of the gathers on both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
    I'm waiting on the how-to as well ... having sat in this very chair .. I can attest to the pure awesomeness of it .. it's warmth and comfort is paralleled by i'st pure ingenuity and unparallelled by it's beauty .. a true work of art !! And it's maker is a pretty **** cool guy ..
    A cap in hand thanks for such a kind complement my Friend! The original chair was the perfect size for you, I don’t think you had much "shoulder squeeze" when you tried it. I will have both with me at Spring MAHHA 2013, you’ll have choices next time, hope you’re planning to attend??
    Last edited by [o]TTeR; 10-12-2012 at 14:32.
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    As promised...the new post for WR-II with docs on how to make one is Here!
    My Photos My Videos

Hammock
    DIY bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY DUQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie's
    nice job gonna build one myself

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678