Many thanks to everyone for the positive comments.

Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
Very nice! Calculating from the weight, I figure you used between 22 and 23 linear feet of cuben. I'm most interested to learn how you calculated the size and shape of the bottom layer. Whatever you did, it looks great.

Needless to say, construction details (bonded baffles rather than sewn?) desired, too.
Calculating the size and shape of the bottom layer was a bit tricky.
I used solid 3D modeling to get a rough idea of what it should look like.
Then I hung the project at several stages during construction and verified some dimensions, and adjusted as necessary.

All connections were made with 3M 9460 adhesive and primer.

Quote Originally Posted by tdilf View Post
Whoa, that is a nice piece - great looking work.
I hope the hammock does not rip on you - like it did when Lawson was testing cuben hammocks.
I know a few key details about that hammock.
1. Lawson used the same weight cuben as me.
2. Lawson looks to be a bigger guy than me, and he seemed happy enough with his own testing to nearly bring them to market.
3. The guy who was testing the prototype that broke weighed 260# and it did not fail on the first hang.
4. I weigh 150#

I certainly am not selling this product. I simply hope that my testing proves that it is strong enough for myself.
Another hiker has used a lighter weight cuben hammock on many trips and it has not failed for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Green View Post
Very nice. A lot of work there. Looks like you taped the Karo baffles? Channeled ends?
Ryan
Yes, used the "tape" for everything including the baffles. Not quite sure what "Channeled ends" means. The quilt has a standing 3" border if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
Speechless....... Very nicely thought out and executed
Edit: How is the lay of the cuben?
The lay is very comfortable. There is no "butt sag" where your rear makes a deep impression into the hammock. No tight creases digging into a leg or anything either.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
Please bring that to the northern hang! If only to bring it to the last night's campsite so we can all see it. That thing looks amazing dude and I'm sure all of us would want to see it. I'll probably put that in my video too. Really awesome job!
Fronkey
I'll be bringing it up north for sure.
Hoping this thing is usable near 30 degrees.
I'll try it in the backyard this Friday at about 38 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by BER View Post
I'm probably missing the obvious, but how do you compress the air out of the down when you pack your hammock.
Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
Others beat me to expressions of admiration. Nice job!

BER beat me to the key question...how does this compress...or not?

I've built a nearly-all-cuben Karo step UQ but put in endcaps of 1.1 fabric to let air in and out. It inflates itself without an assist. There's a fellow who sells an all Cuben overquilt and puts air valves in them.
I haven't seen your quilt yet, but I will take a look.
The enlightened equipment quilts were certain good fuel for this fire!
Currently mine has only one small opening hemmed with netting.
I have a much better plan, but had to seal this thing up and try it after several days of working on it.
I will operate on it some more over the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by taylo166 View Post
I like it. One question.
1. This can't pack down very well can it?
Cuben will get softer the more you handle it though.
Here it is stuffed