View Poll Results: Do you sleep in a hammock?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Every night

24 27.91%
  • On occasions

47 54.65%
  • Planning to

12 13.95%
  • never

3 3.49%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fulltimers poll

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Hi toober, thanks for bumping this up, hadn't checked on it for awhile. I had been thinking about asking about how others handled under insulation inside. May start a thread with what I did, I keep the AC on so needed something underneath.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    BB 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    New hanger. Goin on 2 weeks now indoors. Loving it

Hammock
    Floating Bed
    I just purchased a "high-grade foldable hammock w/ japanese ball bearings" to replace my el cheapo metal k-mart futon that places way too may pressure points on my body, esp. when I made it even worse by replacing the thin mattress with a thicker mattress that included springs. Springs in a futon mattress was possibly one of the worst decisions of my life.

Anyway.... I managed to get this folding hammock for only $50 shipped on ebay. I figured the seller might relist it starting at $39.99 again, but that hasn't happened.

This thing is awesome, tho. I expected the hammock to be fairly narrow, but it's actually plenty for me @ 5'10" and 155 lbs. First night I woke up a number of times and was almost going to fall out because I could never "find my center". But after the second or third time, it just became natural for me to reach my hands out to the edges and slide my arse to the middle. Even tho I woke up a few times that first night, it was probly the greatest sleep I've had in months. Woke up earlier than usual with a little extra pep in my step and no desire to rest more.

It's really surreal. These bearings do keep me swaying just perfectly. And EVERY morning... at least for the past 4 mornings... I have woken up well rested. I have never been a morning person (I thought because my room is on the West side of the house), but I think that this has already solved my problem of just never actually resting.

Seriously, I have gotten right at 6 to 8 hours of sleep the past few nights. My typical night's rest was outside that range because I couldn't get to sleep or would oversleep.

Highly recommended that you all make the switch, even if it means needing to find an XXX[L] hammock.

EDIT: haha.... guess I'll have to change my location away from "Between 2 TREES"

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Welcome to the forum and the fulltime hangers. I have both, one soon to be my wife's, of my hammocks adjusted to where my arse just adjust itself to the sweet spot. Even if I get in wrong by morning it's perfect.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123