HHSS with a WBBB?

Reading through old posts people have mentioned that they've heard it'sbeen done. Anyone else heard this or know this? Bout to pullthe trigger on the HHSS but I wanna be sure before I do.

nm, did it anyway. If it doesn't fit I can either sell it or MAKE it work haha.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    nm, did it anyway. If it doesn't fit I can either sell it or MAKE it work haha.
    Ha Ha, well you sure weren't slo on that decision.
    To answer your question yes the HHSS will fit a wbbb just fine.
    There has been posts about condensation issues you might was to check that out.

haha, yeah I couldn't help it, such a good price and good reviews and versatile for what I'll be able to do with it. Didn't want to get screwed and have it not fit but ultimately impatience won out, as usual

I've heard that as well but it seems it's overheating yourself and causing yourself to sweat with no where for the moisture to go in a waterproof/windproof shell, it condenses. The member said they got in and zipped up when it wasn't cold enough for that and sweat. Said he's used his SB like a TQ and hasn't had a problem since.

I've actually had the same condensation issues sleeping in my bag on the ground in a tent. Mostly comes from the midsection but I'd wake up with swamp *** and my bag in general feeling damp in the midsection. Even in Shugs vids he talks about the frost on the zippers over his midsection. I think some people don't trust the concept and where TOO much to bed, ultimately making you sweat which cools you off and condenses. But yeah, Ithink if i use my SB like a TQ and treat my UCandOCP as an UQ adding the space blanket when necessary I should be good... just wanted to make sure it'd fit my freakin' hammock, haha. What are the tie-outs on the side of the hammock, do you HAVE to use those?
    Last edited by Red Wing; 01-28-2011 at 02:38. Reason: I'm an idiot

Images
    I've used my SS twice without condensation issues.

I gleaned from Shug: don't wear to much, use a "breath catch"

I gleaned from BillyBob: ensure the space blanket wraps around the CCF.

Worked like a charm.

Thanks Joe, I'm not gonna lie, once I started reading the thread about condensation I was startin' to sweat buyin' the system. But I'm convinced of the principle and people use space blankets with other UQ's too and since it's a vapor barrier if it's gonna condense it would there. I'm doing a steelhead trip in mid april, last year it snowed. Wanted something that could handle elements, wet elements. I hoping this setup will fit the bill.

• + New Posts