Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    What temps have you had it down in? It kept you comfortably warm each time?

I'm a poundhogger as penance for being cheap, as I can be at least, so weight's generally not a huge issue. It looks about the size of my marmot SB so I was hoping that I'd just be able to exchange them and keep themarmot at home and bring this thing. You get by with using just this or do you need a TQ withit? Or could you get by with a fleece sleeping bag for blanket?

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    I use an AHE 3 season Owyhee TQ. It makes a lethal combination along with my XL New River!

what doyou think the combined weight ofthem are?

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    what doyou think the combined weight ofthem are?

I'm not sure but I'll bet Paul at AHE would know.

appreciate you helpin' me out buddy

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Te-Wa Freeze
    Suspension
    Dynaglide slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    What temps have you had it down in? It kept you comfortably warm each time?

...You get by with using just this or do you need a TQ withit? Or could you get by with a fleece sleeping bag for blanket?
    I have the AHE TQ to go with it and I've been down to 20* with a hot water bottle and mid-weight fleece sleep wear. This gear isn't heavy, just takes up space.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I have the NR DW and this is a large UQ in the supplied stuff sack...weight is low. I also found the need to order the Triangle Thingies to snug it up well to my WBBB and Traveler.

That said I really like this UQ. Very well constructed and warm but then cold here (in my backyard...don't ask) is 40 degrees recently. It will function well to zero but I will never take it there. Were I backpacking the NR 3 Season is the one I would chose and carry a SB and Warry Mart bru pad.

The comparison is a WBBB and the trusty harmonica.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Slo:
    Before I got into DIY and then recently got a couple of JRB's Hudson River quilts I was an exclusive KAQ New River user. I ordered two of them one before Paul bought the brand and one after he did. I used them as UQ and TQ down to the mid 20's in my NX-200 Clark Jungle Hammock and was very warm with a pair of rain pants, longsleeve t-shirt and fleece jacket. I have been very impressed with these quilts and will keep singing there praise to all that will hear it!!!!! If you are going to be noeing and yacking or in inclimate weather then I can tell you that you will not be sorry for the purchase.

Both quilts, my hammock/tarp, extra sleep clothes, cook gear/food (2 days) and 3 liter water bladder all fit in the main compartment of my Osprey Atmos 65 with room to spare. You will have no worries with these quilts in your sleep system and if hung properly will be able to make the mid to upper 20's with the 3 season quilts................
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by bigbamaguy View Post
    Both quilts, my hammock/tarp, extra sleep clothes, cook gear/food (2 days) and 3 liter water bladder all fit in the main compartment of my Osprey Atmos 65 with room to spare. You will have no worries with these quilts in your sleep system and if hung properly will be able to make the mid to upper 20's with the 3 season quilts................
    That's what I needed to know. I have a 75L pack but most my stuff eats up space. Was hoping this would save me space or at least break even with a UQ and TQ. Thanks buddy

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123