Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

ViDEO: AMOK Draumr Ultralight XL Hammock Looky-See

What a fun hammock this is. The UL version is so much lighter now. Though in my comments there are still many who think it too heavy for the Ultra Ultralighter camper. So be it. Chair/Recline mode is just so nice in this hammock. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy hanging out it in. Yes it is dependent on a pad for structure but it certainly has its place in the hammock world. The Draumr is something different.
    Though it won't replace my gathered end hammocks for most trips...it sure is nice to have in the hammock armada.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Discount code....

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC View Post
    Discount code....
    I don't have a Discount Code to share. Just showing the hammock~~

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Wow! Way lighter than I would have imagined. Looks to be really well made and designed. I may end up getting one someday. Would be curious to see if it opens up more tight spots I can't hang my gathered end from.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowraheem View Post
    Wow! Way lighter than I would have imagined. Looks to be really well made and designed. I may end up getting one someday. Would be curious to see if it opens up more tight spots I can't hang my gathered end from.
    8' minimum and 16' max hang distance. Could be the ticket.
    Shug

Currently a heavily modified ENO system user (continuous loops, woopie slings, toggles, ridge line, tarp mods bike and hyke sleepbag etc.) because that’s what I started with and modded it all to work throughout the years with great tips from this forum and shugs fantastic YouTubes. Been using it for years in every weather condition and hang situation that can be thrown at it and it’s been rock solid for me. Been looking at the Amok XL for a while and haven’t pulled the trigger but love the concept. I really like this lighter option. Currently have an ENO Housefly tarp which I love and would prefer to not have to spend the extra dough on a tarp for this hammock and not convinced that the amok tarp is wide enough at the ridge line to handle wind driven rain which is common where I live and camp. I’ve seen Shugs video on the similar warbonnet superfly with this hammock. Thoughts on whether the similar eno housefly would work sizewise with perhaps some Dutchware tarp pullouts at the mid points on the sides. I already use a pair of those at the midpoints of the tarp edge for catenary guy lines.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JKJeremy View Post
    Currently a heavily modified ENO system user (continuous loops, woopie slings, toggles, ridge line, tarp mods bike and hyke sleepbag etc.) because that’s what I started with and modded it all to work throughout the years with great tips from this forum and shugs fantastic YouTubes. Been using it for years in every weather condition and hang situation that can be thrown at it and it’s been rock solid for me. Been looking at the Amok XL for a while and haven’t pulled the trigger but love the concept. I really like this lighter option. Currently have an ENO Housefly tarp which I love and would prefer to not have to spend the extra dough on a tarp for this hammock and not convinced that the amok tarp is wide enough at the ridge line to handle wind driven rain which is common where I live and camp. I’ve seen Shugs video on the similar warbonnet superfly with this hammock. Thoughts on whether the similar eno housefly would work sizewise with perhaps some Dutchware tarp pullouts at the mid points on the sides. I already use a pair of those at the midpoints of the tarp edge for catenary guy lines.
    It is getting good coverage over the footed of the Amok that is essential. the ENO Housefly is 8'10" wide and 10'8" long. Might just do the trick.

• + New Posts