Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    Every day we are getting closer and closer to the hang!

We have some members who do not use Facebook and some who are bringing their families, some who are bringing friends, etc. So the attendance list seems little sparse on the Facebook event. Rest assured the attendance is higher than the event displays.

That said, if you are planning on going or even considering going, please RSVP on the event on Facebook or on HF and I can list you. We would like to have a good idea of how many folks are going to come out so we can prepare for the pot luck on Saturday.

I can't stress how awesome this site is. If you can make it, please do. You're really gonna miss out otherwise.

Also, thank you to all who are attending and not attending who have purchased raffle tickets. Your ticket purchases are what keeps this thing going and we have a ton of great prizes if anybody else wants to order them pre-sale.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    RAFFLE ITEM UPDATE!!!!

This year was the first year I had the pleasure of talking with Chris at Two Speed Hammocks. He epitomizes the cottage vendor ethos. Great products, reasonably proceed, and a genuine love of the hobby you don’t find at the large commercial vendors who sell through the bog box stores.

He has donated a 13’ Tarp Sleeve with Stake Bag and (3) Double-Ended Stuff sacks. I took them out of the box in which they were delivered and they are really high quality materials with a reassuring (if not expected) level of craftsmanship.

You can find Two Speed Hammocks on Etsy and Facebook.

Supporting vendors who support the SoCal Hangers and hammock community at large is a beautiful thing!

#TwoSpeedHammocks #Hammock #TreeLife #SoCalHangers
    Tarp Sleeve.jpg

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    RAFFLE ITEM UPDATE!!!!

Warbonnet has donated a full Blackbird XLC rig to our hang's raffle to raise funds for Homes for our Troops!

I have used my Warbonnet XLC Blackbird for countless hammock adventures. I can't overstate how much I love it. The footbox was a game changer for me and the gear shelf is such a crucial part of my hammock experience every time I use it I find myself marveling at its usefulness.

I've also used different iterations of their Superfly tarp over the years. It was one of my first hammock gear purchases and has kept both me and my hiking buddies dry on multiple occasions including once where I was the only hammocker on a backpacking trip where we have 12 straight hours of rain and hail. It was large enough we could all hang out together underneath it and enjoy what would have otherwise been a miserable day. After that experience all of them have switched to hammocks.

Do yourself a favor and come on out to our SoCal Hang May 2nd-5th for a chance to win it in person!

Supporting vendors who support the SoCal Hangers and hammock community at large is a beautiful thing!

#warbonnet #blackbird #socalhangers #hammocks
    WarbonnetLogo®-1024x1024.jpg
    Foot Box.jpg

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    RAFFLE ITEM UPDATE!!!!

It is no secret Jared at Simply Light Designs makes hammock gear of unquestionable quality. This year he has generously offered a Starter Hammock with suspension. Take a look at the picture and tell me that doesn't look like a wide, luxurious lay.

His story is interesting and his ethics in business and life are admirable and inspiring. Take a look at his website for a more detailed deep-dive, but here are a few snippets reflecting his philosophy:

"I believe in taking a different approach to business. You come first - Guaranteed. I believe in treating you better than you expect to be treated and better than I would treat myself. I’m not looking to be famous or even well known in the gear making industry. My business is small, but I love it and plan to keep it that way."

Do yourself a favor and come on out to our SoCal Hang May 2nd-5th for a chance to win it in person!

#SimplyLightDesigns #Hammock #SoCalHangers
    SLD.jpg

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    RAFFLE ITEM UPDATE!!!!

Underground Quilts, perhaps better known as UGQ Outdoor, has generously donated some great raffle gear to support our hang!

1) A Matching Top Quilt/Underquilt Set!
    2) A Quillow

Chad Houghton bought UGQ from his mom, Missy and Paul and is running it alongside his wife Britani. The brand and all the folks involved are fantastic examples of the kind of people who support the hammock community.

I had a chance to have a long talk with Chad a few months back about the direction of the business, new products which are available and in the pipeline, and overall business mission. Hopefully we can get him and Britini out to the hang next year.

If you have not had a chance to look at their new "Quillow" invention, I strongly suggest you do so. It is genius in its simplicity and functionality. I can't wait to get my hands on mine.

Before embarking on my attempt at the JMT a few years back I knew that my trusty $30 Wal-Mart "down" special sleeping bag was not going to cut it when faced with the rigors and abject cold of the Eastern Sierra Nevada. I made one of the best hammock gear purchases of my life when I ordered an XL Bandit top quilt with just the perfect customizations for my needs. When I was tucked into my hammock overlooking the frozen surface of Garnet Lake as a bitter wind cut across the ice I was snug as a bug in a rug and warm as a Pop Tart.

Do yourself a favor and come on out to our tenth year anniversary SoCal Hang April 27-30 for a chance to win!

#UGQ #UndergroundQuilts #socalhangers #hammocks

https://ugqoutdoor.com/
    Quillow-Jr-Quilt-Mode-copy-2-scaled.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12