Hammock
    ENO JungleNest
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly Print
    Suspension
    ENO Helios XL

Question Newbie to Fort Worth, TX...

Greetings Hangers!

I am interested in connecting with fellow Hangers & like minded nature friends in the Fort Worth/ Dallas area. I used to exclusively tent camp when I lived up north. However, when I moved to Florida I was introduced to hammock camping & it changed my life. I got rid of my tent camping gear for good & have been exclusively hammock camping since. I thoroughly enjoy hammock camping, kayak camping, hiking, swimming etcetera as long as I can include my FurBaby

As far as gear goes I am the proud owner of the ENO JungleNest, Helios XL straps, & ProFly. I'm in the process of researching underquilts, sleeping pads & sleeping bags to complement my hammock & replace my 12-15 year old pad & bag. Comments are welcomed!

I have tracked down a few Texas Hammock Hangers on YouTube, but not anywhere else online. I'd love to take part in the spring & fall hangs if they are still happening. If you’re looking to hang with a fellow hanger please be sure to let me know, I'd love to connect & go on some new adventures! Showers of Gratitude!

Welcome!

One could hardly beat the price for those ENO pieces. As a proud owner, I take it that you're happy with your purchases. I'd look seriously at what ENO offers for insulation pieces. I say that because the ENOs are relatively short and their components are designed to work together and are affordable. With an underquilt, I can't see you needing a pad.

Of course, many of the other vendors that are here on the forum offer the right size stuff for your needs.

I have to say that you won't find a ton of love for ENO here because many folks just aren't comfortable with such short hammocks. But it sounds like it's working just fine for you and that's what counts. Many of the folks here with much more expensive gear started exactly where you are now. Others are entirely happy right where you're at.

If you didn't already have the basic set-up, I'm sure you'd gets lots of suggestions as to what to go for. (Maybe you still will!)

Check out the subforum for Hangs.

Images
    The Texas Hammock Hangers Fall hang is at Huntsville State Park this November 9th - 12th.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1182867279142952/?acontext=%7B%22event_action_history%22%3A[%7B%22surface%22%3A%22group%22%7D]%7D

Reservations are going quickly... contact Mike Mullen through the link above. This is just North of Houston, Texas.

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    Hi and Welcome. There is a Face Book group, Texas Hammock Hangers. Most of those folks are on here also. There is a large group hang in the fall. It WAS at Fairfield State Park, but if you've been in Texas a month, you've seen the news about Fairfield. The rangers there were great, allowing the group to take over the park (Rented every campsite to the group). The FB group will have updates on where the event might move to (if it has to, which seems like it will). There are a few other "Hangs" around Texas.

AND, while I was typing, another hanger posted more up-to-date information just before this post....
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Hammock
    ENO JungleNest
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly Print
    Suspension
    ENO Helios XL
    Greetings TominMN! Thanks so much for sharing I appreciate it! I probably should have mentioned that I am 5’ 1” & shrinking so the 10’ JungleNest easily fits my needs. I made my purchase when there was a seasonal sale which made it totally worth while. The fact that the bug net is intergrated was a huge plus for me. I’m able to setup & take down in minutes (especially when utilizing the Bear Butt Snakeskin). I have taken a look at the ENO UnderQuilts and honestly think they are pricey. I’ve ALMOST settled on the Night Cat UnderQuilt (which means I’m still researching & haven’t committed) LOL. Due to back issues a light pad is helpful for me to keep warm & obtain a consistent, great lay. I’m looking forward to being introduced to other vendors via this forum & am totally open to suggestions! I will definitely check out the Hangs sub forum. Thanks again!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rhjanes View Post
    AND, while I was typing, another hanger posted more up-to-date information just before this post....
    Great minds and all that....

• + New Posts