Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Interesting idea. I like one side being a bit bigger, could definitely come in handy.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, HammockGear netless
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ series
    Suspension
    straps and beetles
    I agree. I've got a SLD Trail Lair but also picked up a Hammock Gear Netless last year for just casual hanging around the yard and basement. I found it to be very comfortable and want to introduce my kids to hammock camping and figured a Fronkey style net could turn the HG Netless into a true camping worthy setup. Very please with that combo.

Hammock
    Dutch net less wide
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20's / SLD TW
    Suspension
    Straps/no harware
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Who makes the Fronkey style net that has a velcro closure on one end such that the whole net can slide to one end of the hammock to make lounging easier? I find my traditional Fronkey net difficult to deal with in lounger mode.
    I messaged dutch about this a while back, and he said he would custom make one with a wider opening on one side. He said just type what i wanted in the note area when ordering.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' Hexon1.6 burntcoyote
    Tarp
    DIY ASYM
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ/CDT
    Suspension
    Dyno-Poly Beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Who makes the Fronkey style net that has a velcro closure on one end such that the whole net can slide to one end of the hammock to make lounging easier? I find my traditional Fronkey net difficult to deal with in lounger mode.
    I made a Fronkey 2.0 bugnet for my hammock. On one side I sewed up, from the bottom about 1/3rd of the way up, then sewed on some Omni tape the rest of the way up. I almost always open the bugnet and slide it out of the way while I’m setting my quilts or just lounging during the day. I highly recommend this style; easy in, easy out, and versatile.

A zipper on one end isn’t a bad idea, the Omni tape does have to be lined up, and sometimes it sticks to the bugnet, but it hasn’t made any holes yet.
    If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else.
    - Yogi Berra

Hammock
    DIY gathered end + HH Hyperlite
    Tarp
    DIY 9x9 SilNylon
    Insulation
    DIY 850 Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Webbing
    I've used both a DIY Fronkey-style and the wrap around zip type (e.g. Warbler Bug Net) and both were very effective. However I found both inconvenient when getting into or out of the hammock, or reaching for some of my gear which I typically store under my hammock for the night. Not to mention more bulk than I felt was necessary. A few weeks ago I modified my DIY Fronkey-style to about 1/3rd of its size so that it slips over the head end of my hammock, attaches to about the middle of my ridge line and drapes over me at about the middle of my torso. I remember reading about the idea somewhere on line several years ago (may have even been here) and thought I would give it a try. I expect the bottom half of my body to be covered by at least a summer quilt.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123