While looking for a lightweight warm weather top quilt to complement my Loco Libre Operator 50º Haberno UQ I came across the Cedar Ridge Stealth 50º quilt. These are stock quilts with the only options being the length and whether pad attachment straps are included. The quilt uses Argon 67 fabric with black outer and titanium gray inner, and is filled with 850 goose down.

My Stealth TQ shipped one week after placing the order for a regular length quilt without pad straps - within the 3-7 day time frame stated on the website. My understanding is that my order was placed while the CRO team was all hands on deck trying to finish up their newly launched website and under different circumstances my quilt may have shipped sooner. It arrived boxed and rolled in the included lightweight silnylon stuff sack.

The quilt construction appears well done - I have quilts from Arrow Head Equipment, Enlightened Equipment, and Loco Libre, and the Stealth fits in fine with the others. There are a couple of tags listing the company name, Made In the USA, quilt specs, and weight. I hadn't seen a weight tag on a quilt before and it's a nice touch. My regular length (76") quilt has a marked weight of 11.9oz (I measured 11.7oz on my scale), saving 8oz over carrying my EE Revelation 20º when the weather doesn't call for the warmer quilt.

The quilt lofts well and wrapping it around my shoulders I could quickly feel the warmth it trapped.

The footbox is a snap / drawcord closure - I prefer this construction in a warm weather quilt so I can open it up in warmer temps or close it for warmth when pushing the limits. The draw cords are pulled and locked from each end of the quilt which is a bit more cumbersome than a single center positioned drawcord pull and lock.

Like most top quilts there is also a snap and drawcord around the neck/shoulders. As with the footbox and unlike my Revelation, which has the neck draw cord pulled from the center, the Stealth drawcords are pulled from the ends making it difficult to close up once under it - I needed to lift it up, snap it closed, tighten it then put it over my head like a shirt. It works but a center pull draw cord for the collar is much better.

Unlike the low profile pad strap attachments on my Revelation, the pad attachments on the Stealth are packhooks (see https://ripstopbytheroll.com/products/pack-hook) and are relatively large/bulky - enough that I was concerned they might effect comfort so I removed them. Even when sleeping on the ground pad attachment is not something I need in a warm weather quilt.

I've spent one night in the quilt and as the low temp was only 58º, I haven't tested its 50º comfort rating. At that temperature I did not need to close up the foot box or snap/tighten the collar but used the quilt like a blanket and was plenty warm wearing shorts and a cotton t-shirt. Based on the fill and loft I expect it to be warm at the rated 50º temp and likely into the 40s when closed up and wearing baselayers.

Overall the Cedar Ridge Stealth quilt offers a great value in a lightweight but sufficiently warm quilt for warmer temperatures. Some refinements of the sleeping pad attachments and drawcord closures (moving to single point pull/lock) would improve it in use. I expect to spend many nights enjoying this quilt.