Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'

Finally got a chance to hang my Chameleon Wide.

The Chameleon Wide I ordered on Monday arrived on Friday. I opened the package and found everything I ordered packaged nicely. I hung it in my office just to make sure everything looked good and to assemble the various components I ordered. All was perfect and I was delighted with the quality and craftsmanship. I ordered the Chameleon Wide with the symmetrical bug net, a ridge line organizer and beetle buckle 15 foot straps.

I packed everything up and put it in my camper and headed off to an event I had volunteered to help out at with the hope that I could hang the hammock at the campground. Between having to get up at 4:00 AM for the event and being dead tired at the end, I didn't have a chance to set up the hammock until I got home.

There are some woods behind my house that I've hung in a few times with my original Walmart hammock so after finishing my chores, I hung the new Chameleon and climbed in. My butt hit the ground After adjusting the straps up a few inches, the hang was comfortably high enough to take off my boots (I use half of a cheap yoga mat with grommets in the corners for stakes under my hammock ) and get in. What a difference a quality hammock makes. I had strung a ridge line and put one of my tarps up and tossed my camping pillow in. I fell asleep within minutes and had a nice hour-long nap. No calf ridge, plenty of room for a diagonal lay, and soft, comfy fabric. I adjusted the tie-outs at my head and feet and got even more comfortable.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but anybody like me that loves the idea of hammock camping but has started off with something cheap, don't wait. Get out your credit card and upgrade. I can't wait for my next trip, three nights of kayak camping in the Boston Harbor Islands.
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    CC Ponderosa
    Insulation
    Sheltowee
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    So glad you love your new best sleeping friend! I got one too deciding to purchase a Dutch as my first quality hammock and now I’m looking for any chance I can to hang. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Each of us has an Up North. It's a time and a place far from the here and now. It's a map on the wall, a dream in the making, a tugging at one's soul. For those who feel the tug, who make the dream happen, who put the map in the packsack and go, the world is never quite the same." Sam Cook, Up North 1986

Senior Member StrungUpNewfoundlander's Avatar
    Hammock
    LSOH Warrior XL
    Tarp
    LSOH FireFly
    Insulation
    LSOH Toaster
    Suspension
    Whoopie Dutch Bits
    Images
    Sounds great. Glad you are enjoying it!

• + New Posts