Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    12' HG DCF tarp w/
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek xl
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    I've had the Chameleon for a few days now. The poppy red is great and at my weight the 1.6 material is plenty stretchy. So far it's pretty darn comfy and the calf ridge is barely noticeable and will probably disappear work some setup work. The one thing I noticed, which I recall reading somewhere else a well, is that with the wide model, because there is only one size bug net, is that once it's zipped up the extra width is pretty much lost as is my ability to sleep really perpendicular....may not be a huge issue, just an observation at this point. I may exchange for a regular width. Anyone noticed this?

I got the Minifly tarp today and am waiting on some Dutchstuff to finish the setup. Hopefully I'll try it out this weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Diy 11 ft and DD hammock
    Tarp
    Diy
    Insulation
    closed cell foam
    Suspension
    whoopsie slings
    sounds like good advice shortround
    SOMETIMES I WAKE UP GRUMPY. OTHER TIMES I LET HER SLEEP

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    12' HG DCF tarp w/
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek xl
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    As promised, photos of the poppy red chameleon along with the bush camo mini fly.

I resolved the previously mentioned issue with the bug net, apparently I ordered the asymmetrical net and had it on backwards, lol.

Last night my youngest and I attempted to hammock. Around 11pm, he decided that he was too far from his dad (see setup photo) and I had to move his hammock, under my tarp. By the time I raised his and lowered mine so we weren't bumping into each other, my angles were shot and I had a horrible calf ridge but, it wasn't anything a pillow under the knees couldn't fix. Anyway, by 1am he decided that he still wasn't close enough and was trying slip into my hammock...we ended up back in the house, sharing the guest bed...he was finally close enough for comfort.

I was a little worried about the setup so this morning, while I was tearing down camp, I made some adjustments and was much more comfortable. I am still however 1-15 on nights where I actually fell asleep in a hammock. I'll keep trying.

As suggested by Dutchware, if I still need a little more room after flipping the bug net to the correction, I could swap out the asymmetrical for a symmetrical bug net. I will probably do this.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner, Extra wide XLC clone
    Tarp
    RSBR silpoly
    Insulation
    Down, lots of down
    Suspension
    BIAS anchor,amstee
    Melatonin or a sleep aid helps. I think the brain needs to relax. It’s like trying to sleep in a chair, only way more comfortable. My issue is I’m overweight and starting to snore when I’m on my back, so I normally sleep on my side to avoid the disruption. I am going to also try a mouthpiece to shift my lower jaw forward. I used love sleeping on my back but now I have a problem to solve......

That poppy red looks very nice! It will look even better over the snow.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    12' HG DCF tarp w/
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek xl
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by damuffin View Post
    Melatonin or a sleep aid helps. I think the brain needs to relax. It’s like trying to sleep in a chair, only way more comfortable. My issue is I’m overweight and starting to snore when I’m on my back, so I normally sleep on my side to avoid the disruption. I am going to also try a mouthpiece to shift my lower jaw forward. I used love sleeping on my back but now I have a problem to solve......

That poppy red looks very nice! It will look even better over the snow.
    I'll figure out sleeping eventually. I already is sleep aid and a mouth guard but, my brain fights it most of the time. I can't count the number of times I've been completely exhausted and against all odds, still could sleep. One of my life goals is to learn to sleep outside like a boss.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    I just upgraded from a 10 foot hammock to the Chameleon Wide with the symmetrical bug net. The main reason for the upgrade was comfort. All I can tell you is I set it up in the back yard this afternoon and fell asleep almost instantly. I'm 6 feet and 245 lbs.

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Banned
    Hammock
    Dutch
    Tarp
    HG Quest
    Insulation
    20/-20Wooki, LL0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Go with the 1.6

Hammock
    WBB, Sierra Madre Para
    Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    Quote Originally Posted by wbJohn View Post
    I just upgraded from a 10 foot hammock to the Chameleon Wide with the symmetrical bug net. The main reason for the upgrade was comfort. All I can tell you is I set it up in the back yard this afternoon and fell asleep almost instantly. I'm 6 feet and 245 lbs.

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk
    Single or double layer?

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerDad View Post
    Single or double layer?
    Single layer. I got a ridge line organizer for it which is nice but now I'm thinking the peak shelf might be a good add-on. It would be a nice place to put a book, cap, or extra layer if it gets cold.
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123