Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    Hex 2.4 gathered
    Tarp
    Xenon wide asym
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    I use lag hooks for mine, same difference though. I use tree straps, and just put the end loop over the hook.
    same except ive attached whoopies right to my hammock. just throw the adjustable ends right over the hooks. Im over 350lbs hanging this way for over a year. no wear on my hooks or my whoopies

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Squatch View Post
    ... after you have installed your system, string a chalk line across the whole wall it is attached to from side to side. Use regular push pins to keep the line 1/16 or so from the wall. Then use your hammock - sleep in it and move around as normal. Then see if you've left a mark the next morning due to deflection of the wall in the area of the anchor. You may be surprised how much the wall actually deflects with a concentrated live load.

Good luck.
    Great minds think alike. I did something similar about 2 years ago, when I installed my indoor setup.

I ran a line across the length of an 18' exterior wall, about 1/8" off the window casings. Then had someone load the hammock and bounce around a bit, while measuring the deflection. Very minimal wall movement, but it is also 2 x 6 construction. Like mentioned above, I have the lag bolt mounted into the window framing.

Just checking in to say thank you again for all of these responses. I keep reading every one of them and appreciate them. It will be just a bit before I do it, but I’ll be sure to check in when I do. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY ray way kit
    Insulation
    JRB TQ / Te Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopee + straps
    I installed eyebolts in my office for this a couple of years ago. Like others have said, I used a tiny drill bit to determine the exact location of the stud, drilled a pilot hole and used a pair of fairly hefty eyebolts. Never had a problem and don't expect to.

No need to overthink this, just get the eyebolt in the center of the stud (mine are 2x4).

I just clip to the eyebolt with a climbing carabiner. This works fine, never hear any noises, no need for extra complications. My hammock has the whoopees "permanently" attached. When I am not using the hammock, I just unclip one end, and clip it to the carabiner at the other end where it hangs out of the way.

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 65 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    chinook 9x12
    Insulation
    DIY down + synth
    Suspension
    cinchbuckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanhalo View Post
    I use them on my deck or Tractor Supply Truck Tie Downs.

Attachment 165188
    +1.

I think mine are from Lowes. Rated at 300#, I exceed that rating. Into window frame and other end into area with double stud. I was sure to angle them so the pull is exactly in line with my hammock since I go diagonal across a room. Straight across a room 90 degree mounting would work. Sleep in it nightly for 6 weeks every summer. Starting 3rd or 4th summer on them. Still in my original tablecloth hammock.

indoor hang.

I recently switched from my queen size bed to a hammock every night. One corner I put a vertical 2x4 for extra strength. On the other wall I went horizontal across 3 studs to distribute the force on the stud works great. I use eye bolts pre drilled really tightened down nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucson Tom View Post
    I installed eyebolts in my office for this a couple of years ago. Like others have said, I used a tiny drill bit to determine the exact location of the stud, drilled a pilot hole and used a pair of fairly hefty eyebolts. Never had a problem and don't expect to.

No need to overthink this, just get the eyebolt in the center of the stud (mine are 2x4).

I just clip to the eyebolt with a climbing carabiner. This works fine, never hear any noises, no need for extra complications.

+1
    Same setting for me, I did this 2 years ago and it stills holding.

Hammock
    XLC/SLD 11' Tree Runner/BB
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/SLD WH
    Insulation
    Jacks 'R' Better
    Suspension
    MyersTech/Dyneema
    Images
    This is the system I use on my deck @ about a 14'-15' span to multiple posts.

I hang 2 hammocks off these biners switching the foot and head end per their respective mount points.

I would use the same method indoors minus the tarp mount points. I would use longer lag bolts however.

Last edited by Vanhalo; 06-09-2018 at 09:31.
    "...in Florida, she felt air conditioning for the first time, and it was cold and unnatural upon her skin."

Any thoughts on these? Long enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeeneone View Post
    Any thoughts on these? Long enough?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast