Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    Straps and Beetle
    Cooke's custom does nice work. I have one of his lean to tents as well as a tundra tarp. I have 2 flat tarps from Bear Paw. The Cooke's tarps are definitely more robust but bear paw has more options.

Images
    I have a 21-Foot Center Console now since 1994, and my suggestion would be the REI Polyester White Tarp for $100.00.

https://www.rei.com/product/894000/r...p-camp-tarp-16

Polyester will not stretch and the white color will be nice for shade if you decide to go ashore. Use the T-top and two adjustable aluminum poles for the bow end. Those same two pole will be used to set up on a beach for a shade/rain tarp.

Given the dual purpose use, it is a simple, clean and usable option.

Quote Originally Posted by joe_guilbeau View Post
    I have a 21-Foot Center Console now since 1994, and my suggestion would be the REI Polyester White Tarp for $100.00.

https://www.rei.com/product/894000/r...p-camp-tarp-16

Polyester will not stretch and the white color will be nice for shade if you decide to go ashore. Use the T-top and two adjustable aluminum poles for the bow end. Those same two pole will be used to set up on a beach for a shade/rain tarp.

Given the dual purpose use, it is a simple, clean and usable option.
    thanks for the reply. i need the enclosure to fit over the gunnels of the boat in order to avoid rain coming in (if it rains) so the tarp you suggested will not work. i've looked at the rainflies (sp?) on the sites mentioned above and cannot find one the size that i need. i essentially need one that is about 18 x 15 given that i am going to put it over the t-top (see my picture in the original post).

any suggestions on where to get an extra large rainfly made of silnylon? I would also need to customize the silnylon to taper the end towards the bow. thanks again for the replies and ideas.

I ordered the Kelty Noah rainfly, 20 x 20. Will now need to figure out how to customize it to the shape of the bow.

https://www.gearx.com/kelty-noahs-ta...2268&507=26162

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    Another plug for Cooke's Custom -- they make great stuff, and given that the word "custom" is in the name, I bet they can construct exactly what you want. (well, if the Kelty doesn't work out...)

Hammock
    Amok Dramur
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Just make sure you have a backup plan for thunderstorms. Boats + Lightning can be bad. Beyond that, I think this is a fantastic idea. I'd love to try boat hammocking!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceiceguy View Post
    Just make sure you have a backup plan for thunderstorms. Boats + Lightning can be bad. Beyond that, I think this is a fantastic idea. I'd love to try boat hammocking!
    not much we can do if we have lightning, we will put down our outriggers and rods and pray for the best.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123