Hammock
    DIY 1.6 HyperD knotty mod
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    HG Econ quilts

Hammocking near a beach?

Is there anywhere to hang near a beach? Preferably Gulf Coast.
    I’ve camped a few places along the coast but I know Katrina didn’t leave a lot of trees.

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    I do a lot of hanging on the beach, whip up a simple tripod stand and hang anywhere you want;<) with a little practice I can usually make a tripod stand in half an hour. It takes 6, 8'+pools and one that's about 14' and a couple Hanks of Paracord or the like. Make sure the poles are at least an inch and a half in diameter and you should be fine.20170504_193206.jpg20170909_194444.jpg20170325_211722.jpg

It really opens up your hang possibilities.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Fort DeSoto in St. Pete, FL is pretty amazing. I know people hang hammocks to lounge but I think they might frown on hammocks @ the park. However, it's still an amazing park.

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Carrico View Post
    I do a lot of hanging on the beach, whip up a simple tripod stand and hang anywhere you want;<) with a little practice I can usually make a tripod stand in half an hour. It takes 6, 8'+pools and one that's about 14' and a couple Hanks of Paracord or the like. Make sure the poles are at least an inch and a half in diameter and you should be fine.20170504_193206.jpg20170909_194444.jpg20170325_211722.jpg

It really opens up your hang possibilities.

LEGIT HANG
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Hammock
    WBBB DL + 7 others
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    LocoLibre TQ0 UQ0
    Suspension
    15'Kevlar3.3J-bend
    For the beach, here's a pic I saw some years ago with the user's comments. This is a workable method and is packable, but has no tarp overhead. These are the durable Kelty adjustable poles at $40 each and worth it IMO for big tarps or canopies, not the cheaper "Kelty Staff" poles. I use a similar method as often as I hang from trees, but with one 6' steel conduit pole per each hammock end supported by two cords with stakes. It's too tall to be packable but does provide conventional tarp & hammock setup, and sets up on a beach or field or lawn or anywhere I can pound the steel rod stakes in. Or use just one pole if I have one tree available, such as at the edge of a field.
    kelty adjustable tarp poles for hammock.jpg

• + New Posts