DIY Poly D or Robic XL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter w/doors
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Beetle or DIY Hook
    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Yes, you are somewhat correct if I understand you correctly.
    If you change the option in your settings to use Google search it will use Google when you type something in the HF search box.
    If you click on Advance Search, its does not use Google.
    What would be the reason to have Google in the Advance Search?
    Using advance search has options like specifying the forum member who posted, forum section the thread is in,... Adding the Google function to allow the 3 letter word or abbreviations will make good ususe dir any combination of these features.
    I like Google option but would miss these other options if only searching from the search box. These other options may work from the search box but not without extra syntax or maybe not all including the radio buttons.
    Outdoors > Indoors
    I love me some XeroShoes
    “An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock.” ― Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetUK437 View Post
    To which end, quite a few forums insert a google search box at the top of the page. Might that be a option for HF?
    I can attest to this.....as a noob to this forum it has been hard to find specific information...even though it is obvious there is a wealth of in here. I was trying to search a specific rain fly and a specific set of straps...it was next to impossible for me to get results. I ended up just buying them. Now I have a 13' hex rain fly that weights 2 lbs.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rais'n hammock View Post
    Using advance search has options like specifying the forum member who posted, forum section the thread is in,... Adding the Google function to allow the 3 letter word or abbreviations will make good ususe dir any combination of these features.
    I like Google option but would miss these other options if only searching from the search box. These other options may work from the search box but not without extra syntax or maybe not all including the radio buttons.
    We could set the search length to three characters on Hammock Forums. Let me explain the reason why we don't.
    Currently the web site builds a search database of all words that are five characters or longer on the site. This helps to speed up the search function.
    If we set the search option to create a database of all words three characters or longer the database would be very huge and slow the web site down.
    Think about all the common words that are three characters. Here are just a few; the, and, not, but, all, few, box, may, set, let, why, web, are. These are just the three letter words that are used in this post right here. There are hundreds more but I am not going to take the time to list them all. Do you know how many times the words "the" and "and" are mention in every posts on this web site. I can't ever imagine how large the search database would increase by just adding those two words to it.
    We have a great server but I think that this would really tax the server.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123