Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    IIRC I read on this forum that the wooki will work with other gathered end hammocks. E.g the Chameleon, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbenny View Post
    IIRC I read on this forum that the wooki will work with other gathered end hammocks. E.g the Chameleon, etc.
    Discussion here.

About 95% of the the time, the answer to the hammock-related question, "What is the best _________ for _________?" is going to be "personal preference." But the question "What is the best UQ for the BBXLC?" is in the other 5%.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I've used both standard and short length HG Incubators, Snugpak , CDT , JRB Winter Nest , OneTigris and Subito UQ's on my XLC. The Incubators and CDT fit perfectly, the Snugpak fit better after I modified its suspension and also added end cicnches, the Winter Nest fit better when I added length to the standard JRB suspension ( as recommended by one of the Jacks ) and the 2 budget quilts really don't work well at all because of how they are constructed. I've also found that using RL quilt hooks with all my UQ's really helps to keep them locked in place. Obviously,since the Wooki is designed specifically the Blackbird ( but can be used on any GE hammock) you'll get a perfect fit every time with zero fiddle factor, but pretty much any UQ from any of the cottage vendors will fit just fine. It really comes down to personal preference , but I prefer the Incubator as far as fully customizable , made to order quilts go.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner/blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    Bushwack minifly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Wooki
    Suspension
    Dutch spider/poly
    Love my wooki 3 season under quilt on my xlc. Simple

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Anyone have the Scandinavian wookie? Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've got an overstuff winter, 3oz overstuff. Love it. Used it at 35 and was still great. I'd prob do that over the Scandia to make the quilt a little more dense

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I purchased my Warbonnet system before the Scandinavian wooki was created. To sleep comfortably at -15º (my coldest hang so far), I stacked a Winter wooki (0º) with a 3-season wooki (20º). That combo will take me even colder according to the charts so I guess I'm set for about anything that I'll experience in a typical WI winter, or spring, or fall. I have a 2-season wooki (40º) for summer as well. The only thing I would gain with purchasing a Scandinavian would be toting one less UQ into the woods for a typical winter hang. However, pulling a sled makes it easy to bring extra gear - including an extra UQ.

If I ever had to revamp my system, I would consider getting a Scandinavian if I lived further north or west where winter temps hit -20º more frequently. I could stack my 3-season wooki with my 2-season wooki to cover temps between 0º - 20º. Basically, depending on the severity of winters, I would opt for a Scandinavian wooki or a Winter wooki but would probably not get both. I sleep neither hot nor cold so the temperature ratings on all the wookis work well for me in the seasons/conditions they were designed for.
    The game is the best teacher.

Best UQ for BlackBird XLC?

Do the same accolades for the Wooki on the Blackbird XLC crossover to the Yeti? (Of course understanding a foot pad may be necessary on some nights). I’m still on the fence about which UQ length I want.

Hammock
    WB, DH, SLD
    Tarp
    ZPacks, Thunderfly
    Insulation
    EE, Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Spider 1.5/Beckett
    Quote Originally Posted by 155grain View Post
    Do the same accolades for the Wooki on the Blackbird XLC crossover to the Yeti? (Of course understanding a foot pad may be necessary on some nights). I’m still on the fence about which UQ length I want.

The Yeti is a conventional shock-corded UQ attached to both ends unlike the Wooki, but from what I’ve seen it is typical of Brandon and his staff’s workmanship. The 40 degree I saw weighed like 9 oz.

Warbonnet now has a custom Yeti option, so you could design yourself a sweet underquilt.

Quote Originally Posted by baldknobber View Post
    The Yeti is a conventional shock-corded UQ attached to both ends unlike the Wooki, but from what I’ve seen it is typical of Brandon and his staff’s workmanship. The 40 degree I saw weighed like 9 oz.

Warbonnet now has a custom Yeti option, so you could design yourself a sweet underquilt.
    That changes up my thought process a bit. I was under the impression (mostly because I did not look carefully) that the yeti was the same design concept as the wookie. Thanks for pointing that out.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast