Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Exclamation Maryland ~ TBD ~ Mason Dixon Trail clean up hike and hang # 2

On our last hike we got a little more than half of the trail cleaned up , so before it gets too cold for some people I wanna start planning the next event. We will meet up in Perryville behind Dunkin Donuts again , carpool to the trailhead, hike out and back, then head out to my beach for a group hang on the Bay. The date is TBD , so if you're interested lemme know a few Saturdays coming up that work for you so I can try to include the most people again this time. So far, there's 4 maybe 6 or even 8 people coming, so we should get a lot done on the trail and have a great night hanging out on the beach just like last time. Next, do we want to do a group meal(s) ? Last time, Jellyfish made dutch oven pizza for us out on the beach for Saturday dinner, and we had AMAZING fresh ground coffee that Murph made, and several kinds of pastry and other breakfast goodies from Tigglet and Ltlblkdog Sunday morning. Its up to you guys so just let me know. Other than that, I hope to see some new faces as well as my crew from last time. Any questions, just lemme know! Its an easy 3-6 mile hike, and just ask Murph, Tigglet, Jellyfish or blkdog about the views from their hammocks as the sun was coming up over the water.... BEAUTIFUL!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    My schedule is all over the place until February. If i can make the date you pick I’ll try to come, but it don’t want you trying to fit to my schedule because as soon as I say I have an open Saturday, my wife will remind me otherwise.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Gottcha, hope to see ya then!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair(s)
    Tarp
    SLD & Mtn. Fly
    Insulation
    HG 0,20,40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & webbing
    I’m wide open except the weekend of DEC 2. Looking forward to it!

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytow View Post
    I’m wide open except the weekend of DEC 2. Looking forward to it!
    Sounds good, glad to have you!

My next few weekends until Christmas are a bit busy - rehearsals and concerts for the holiday season. So, ditto for me what TxAggie said - you pick the day that works for everyone else and if I can make it I'll do my best to be there. Would really love to have another hang - since I haven't been able to go on the others I had planned lately.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Hows Saturday Dec. 9th sound to everyone ? Both the President of the MD-T and the director for the eastern section will be hiking with us as well since they haven't seen my section since I took it over. Everyone on the board of directors was super greatful for you guys volunteering and our ( your) work was specifically recognized in our quarterly news letter! Way to go everyone! So, I'm thinking we start a little sooner this time so we get back and set up camp while we still have day light. Also, we need to figure out if we are doing a group Saturday dinner/ Sunday breakfast or everyone for themselves. The group meals turned out great last time, so I'm down for doing it again if you guys are. I will have tools again as well as blaze paint so we are covered their, but feel free to bring your own loppers, folding saws etc. Next, weather.... I have to do it no matter what so I'm planning on going out rain or shine, if it is raining and you wanna pass its totally fine, just pm or email me and let me know your not coming. FYI ~ For those of you that haven't been here yet, the beach can be quite a bit colder and windier than the local forecast prediction. I recommend the warmest quilts you have and a winter tarp as well if you have it. I've seen it as much as 15° colder than anticipated with wind coming off the water making a 30° night feel like 0°..... Your car will be 20' from your hammock, if in doubt ~ BRING IT ALL AND BE COMFORTABLE AND WARM! Ive got plenty of extra gear if you need it, just let me know! Also, feel free to bring a friend, your spouse, kid, WELL BEHAVED dog, turtle or hampster , and even a *** gulp*** tent if they need it, all are welcome! Its an easy hike, the views on the beach are BEAUTIFUL and last time we ate like kings, I'm sure this time around will be even better, as a few of us now each other now. Let me know if you have any questions or ideas. You'll have a great time on the hike and the hang will be laid back, relaxing and really fun. Hope to see a bunch of new faces this time as well as a few from last time!

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Oh and murph/Phil , I just picked up a six pack for us from a local brewery that's literally 5 miles from here. They grow all their own corn, hops, barley, yeast, EVERYTHING is grown right on the farm and they use water sourced from an onsite spring. How's that for home brew? I got a mix of their " Farmstand Blonde and Bucky Brown. Haven't tried the bucky yet, but the blonde is awesome! I even used a bottlemof the blonde yesterday to steam shrimp in for dinner, yum! Firetower Farm Brewery is the name, FIRETOWERFARMBREWERY.COM. Even the artwork on the bottles is of local scenes done by a local artist. Here's some pics

IMG_20171124_115227.jpgIMG_20171124_115307.jpgIMG_20171124_114936.jpgIMG_20171124_115401.jpg

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Wish I could make that date, but alas I’ll be at NFR. I’ll keep a lookout for other opportunities to be with y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Wookie, Costco, EE
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Oh and murph/Phil , I just picked up a six pack for us from a local brewery that's literally 5 miles from here. They grow all their own corn, hops, barley, yeast, EVERYTHING is grown right on the farm and they use water sourced from an onsite spring. How's that for home brew? I got a mix of their " Farmstand Blonde and Bucky Brown. Haven't tried the bucky yet, but the blonde is awesome! I even used a bottlemof the blonde yesterday to steam shrimp in for dinner, yum! Firetower Farm Brewery is the name, FIRETOWERFARMBREWERY.COM. Even the artwork on the bottles is of local scenes done by a local artist. Here's some pics

IMG_20171124_115227.jpgIMG_20171124_115307.jpgIMG_20171124_114936.jpgIMG_20171124_115401.jpg
    Ahhh! That sounds so good. But I can't do the 9th...I will be in Vermont for early snowboarding...I think next weekend is really the only weekend I have until March.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast