Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Wookie, Costco, EE
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Murph, I read your post wrong I thought you said the next weekend, meaning the weekend after the 10th. Too bad I can't have it so everyone can come, we had a great time last hike. Next weekend is one of the only weekends I can't do : we just signed my 5yo daughter up for girl scouts and they are in the town Xmas parade Saturday. It you get a free weekend and wanna hang this winter, let me know, I'm always looking for an excuse, same for you too Aggie. So which ever day works best for everyone is what we will do, 10th or 16th I'm fine with both.
    Sounds good pal! sorry i can't make this one.

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Murph, I read your post wrong I thought you said the next weekend, meaning the weekend after the 10th. Too bad I can't have it so everyone can come, we had a great time last hike. Next weekend is one of the only weekends I can't do : we just signed my 5yo daughter up for girl scouts and they are in the town Xmas parade Saturday. It you get a free weekend and wanna hang this winter, let me know, I'm always looking for an excuse, same for you too Aggie. So which ever day works best for everyone is what we will do, 10th or 16th I'm fine with both.
    I’ll make it up to help you with that trail as soon as possible, I’m finally getting sporadic weekends to get away for some hiking. 10th I’m out of town and 16th we have a family event.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Ok, so are we set for the 16th? I'm thinking we can meet around 10- 1030ish? That gives us plenty of time to work and get back to set up on the beach well before dark. If your coming to hike and hang, just let me know. Next, food.... Group or bring your own?
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair(s)
    Tarp
    SLD & Mtn. Fly
    Insulation
    HG 0,20,40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & webbing
    Ok, so are we set for the 16th? I'm thinking we can meet around 10- 1030ish? That gives us plenty of time to work and get back to set up on the beach well before dark. If your coming to hike and hang, just let me know. Next, food.... Group or bring your own?
    I’m in for the 16th and plan to hike and hang. Can do food either way and will go with the consensus on that. Thanks for organizing.

What should I plan to bring for trail maintenance? Can do a small chainsaw if needed, loppers etc etc.

First group hang for this noob so feel free to point me in the right direction! Lol

JD

Hammock
    Chameleon / HH with 2qzq mod 4
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly/ZqDoors
    Insulation
    LL Reaper / GP
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle
    So I'm in again if you give me the right Number I called two phone numbers last time. I was ready to get some cleaning done. I called what I thought was you from the Number you pmed me someone answered and said too early click. so I went solo camping on little gun powder. If UPS gives me this day off I'll be there. I need a Good Hammock hang after the past week. Monday Tues Wed 16 hour days, thurs fri 14 hour days and going in today on Sat as well, 26$ a hour who am I to complain though. BUT I NEED A HAMMOCK DAY so please Re PM me your number so we can do this
    Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. - Plato

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Sounds good man. Sorry , idk what happened last time, I tried calling you too but it kept going straight to voicemail. I'll make sure you get the correct number is time, I must have typed it in wrong or something before. I will also make sure the meet up time and location are here as well just in case. Glad you can come, see ya then.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

16th works for me.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by littleblkdog View Post
    16th works for me.
    Cool, I was hoping you'd make it. As far as the when and where, how does 10 sound ? We can do a little later if thats to early for you guys that are driving a ways to get here. We will meet in the parking lot behind Dunkin Donuts in Perryville. It's right on rt. 40 and at the opposite end of the shopping center that Food Lion is in. Once you turn in at the traffic light , you'll drive past DD and will see the large parking lot . We will meet right there. There aren't any open stores at that end of the shopping center so it will be easy to find our group as we will most likely be the only cars. I have a dark gray newish Chevy Malibu and will put my trekking poles ,pack or something like that out in front of the car so you know its me. I will pm everyone my phone number also, after you receive the pm text me so I have your number. I want to make sure that what happened to Stabbastion doesn't happen again.

Next is food. I will take care of Sunday breakfast and coffee as a thank you for helping out, do you guys wanna have a group dinner Saturday or everyone bring their own? There is a grill and picnic tables on the beach and I can bring down my 2 burner Coleman propane stove it we need it. Last time Jelly fish made Dutch oven sourdough pizza for us, but she isn't sure if she can make it yet.

We will be hanging literally 20' from the water in a large open area, the temp can be many degrees colder than the local forecast and it can be very windy at times but usually dies down in the middle of the night. The poles we will be hanging from are about 8' high and 15' apart , perfect for a hammock. You can see them in the pics from last time. I will also make sure we have wood for a fire. Also, where we will be hanging is only about 5 miles from the meet up location and its easy to navigate the area. If you need last minute supplies, Walmart is just down the road in North East and Food Lion is right at the meet up spot as well as a few other stores in Perryville. Let me know if you need directions or if you have any questions. I will also keep an eye on the local weather and post updates in case it will effect what gear you need to bring. Let me know if I left anything out!

Wish I could make it --- I could use another hang. I've got an all-day holiday gig that day...
    Enjoy! Let me know when you decide to do another trail cleanup/hang....

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    I prefer to hang closer to home, but thanks for the offer, and have fun.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast