Dutch 2.4 Hexon 11'
    Tarp
    DD 4x4, 5x5
    Insulation
    HG econ 0* UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Loop Straps
    Images
    What day are you arriving JD? I have my old simple sled plus my new toboggan and both are coming to the trailhead / parking lot with my truck. I am arriving early Thursday morning....

Hi Guys! Haven't posted on here yet. I plan to make a big stew and bring some bacon in. Is that enough or should I plan more? I was planning to pull a sled to haul gear, but that is looking bleak. I will still haul in a dutch oven and coffee peculator. I am skipping the large 16 inch pan. Let me now if I need to haul in anything else. I am excited to meet everyone. See you around noon on friday.

Quote Originally Posted by deiselbrown View Post
    Hi Guys! Haven't posted on here yet. I plan to make a big stew and bring some bacon in. Is that enough or should I plan more? I was planning to pull a sled to haul gear, but that is looking bleak. I will still haul in a dutch oven and coffee peculator. I am skipping the large 16 inch pan. Let me now if I need to haul in anything else. I am excited to meet everyone. See you around noon on friday.
    Welcome to the Forum! Looking forward to meeting you. There's a tendency to have multiple meal courses throughout the day, so I think your fine with stew and bacon. Sounds like you've got a nice selection of camp cook gear that will get some use.

I know we'll have a trail update sometime tomorrow, but right now it's raining up there. It will cool down and freeze, so dragging a sled on the main trail should be fine, but cleats or snowshoes for traction is recommended. Once back in camp, it will probably be pretty bare, which is fine...Hare Road access trail does have some hills and because it doesn't get alot of use, they'll be alot more bare spots on the trail.

The Pantologist (Andrew) and I are leaving Clarkston around 6:00 AM and will be shooting for a 9:00 AM parking lot arrival. Safe travels to all!

Google Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...J0c/edit#gid=0
    Last edited by michigandave; 02-20-2018 at 13:22.

Hammock
    WARBONNET RIDGERUNNER
    Tarp
    SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    LYNX 20 MAMBA 2O
    Suspension
    WHOOPIES
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    Welcome to the Forum! Looking forward to meeting you. There's a tendency to have multiple meal courses throughout the day, so I think your fine with stew and bacon. Sounds like you've got a nice selection of camp cook gear that will get some use.

I know we'll have a trail update sometime tomorrow, but right now it's raining up there. It will cool down and freeze, so dragging a sled on the main trail should be fine, but cleats or snowshoes for traction is recommended. Once back in camp, it will probably be pretty bare, which is fine...Hare Road access trail does have some hills and because it doesn't get alot of use, they'll be alot more bare spots on the trail.

The Pantologist (Andrew) and I are leaving Clarkston around 5:00 AM and will be shooting for a 8:30 or 9:00 AM parking lot arrival. Safe travels to all!

Google Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...J0c/edit#gid=0
    I'll be there Thursday morning also, still SNOW in the woods but it's going fast, yes ya there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    ​Wolverine Craig

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I keep adding/removing gear from the pile. 37° rain is 10x harder to deal with than a dry -10°. Dang it!! I wanted to get polar vortexed really hard.

Looking forward to doing NOTHING. Lying in the hammock, porch mode, coffee, nutty bar/pop tart, and hopefully a little ice storm for some action and a nice view.

p.s. I was there when they were doing a lot of cutting, but it really comes into light when looking at the new satellite imagery. Here's a shot near the end of Hare Trail.

Last edited by OneClick; 02-20-2018 at 10:55.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Black Cat 12'
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* + 2oz, Full
    Suspension
    DIY UCR, 1" Straps
    Looking forward to hearing how the trails are. I really want to bring my new pulk, but yea, if it is all rocks + mud, I'll backpack it in with a lighter load (via Hare road if it is open and I can get an Impala down it).

As an FYI, both Google Maps and Gaia GPS (don't need to have cell signal, so long as you loaded the data beforehand) show Hare Road + standard route in. Never went via Hare road, so a touch nervous and wanted to make sure I don't follow Don's epic adventure last time.

Hammock
    11’ Dogger hammock
    Tarp
    SLD winter haven
    Insulation
    HG incubator 0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Arron just sent me a text from camp and said plenty of snow everything is good.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    50°!! Hang in there snow!

p.s. make that 56°.
    Last edited by OneClick; 02-20-2018 at 14:16.

Hammock
    11’ Dogger hammock
    Tarp
    SLD winter haven
    Insulation
    HG incubator 0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I enjoy the trail from the parking lot better than hare rd But that’s just a preference as far as hare road goes I do not know the condition but I do know the parking lot has been kept plowed. I’m going in tomorrow if I can get a signal I’ll give an update on Hare Road but I will be going in at the parking lot I would recommend some ice cleats for the trail or snowshoes if you have them should be very easy to pull a pulk. Just remember that area is a snow belt so where others have lost all their snow we always have plenty of it left. The trail from hair Road has more hills, it’s half the distance but twice the work In my opinion.

Latest update from the field. We still have snow so pulks should be good to go!

• + New Posts
  • Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast