Phoenix suspension question opinion

I'm about to give my phoenix it's maiden run this weekend. I think I have a fairly good understanding of the primary and secondary suspensions. I'll be using it on an XLC. What would be the advantages to clipping the bine on the continuous loop with the secondary suspension and then putting the primary suspension loop over the XLC whipping? Thought this would separate some of the cords into a neater package. Any disadvantages? Tnx

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    You can certainly do that, if you prefer it. I don't see any advantages, though. Just makes set-up and take-down a bit more complex. But if you don't mind that, go ahead, try it and see if you like it. It's easy enough to clip the cord back into the biner if you want to go back to the original setting.

I was just curious if there was some advantage that I could not determine. I noticed a couple of Youtube videos (mainly a couple of guys from Minnesota) that showed a Phoenix 40 and an Incubator. Both people had just put the primary over the whipping and used the biner for the secondary. I could see a small weight savings if they had not used the biners and put both over the whipping. I was wondered if there was some advantage to slightly different angles on the shock cords? I plan on using it as it was shipped.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I use the biner for both primary and secondary suspensions and just clip it to my hammock suspension.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Love the Phoenix suspension...It works great...I just clip it on as is and do a little adjustment dance...It works and seems to fit on everything from Enos and Grand Trunks, to my SLD, to my Sky Bed which has an integrated pad sleeve which I love and also my Ridgerunner...it is brilliant stuff!

I wouldn't overthink it too much...just hook it up and adjust it accordingly....

Thanks everyone.
    Shug,
    I looked back at the videos that I had mentioned and I believe the guy's name is "Pizza". I think I've seen him in a couple of your videos. Upon further review, it looks like he does away with the biner all together and has both suspensions around the whipping in the videos. I guess that's just how he likes it and saves a few ounces.
    TNX

• + New Posts