DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    Warm & fluffy
    Suspension
    Slings and Rings
    Images
    Cost & details...

https://trackhopper.co.nz/
    Mountain views are good for the soul....& getting to them is good for my waistline.

https://ofuros.exposure.co/

Australia...Sub-Tropical Qld, Temperate Tasmania & Tropical Thailand
    Hammock
    Madtree Tarseer
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    Warm & fluffy
    Suspension
    Slings and Rings
    Images
    Mountain views are good for the soul....& getting to them is good for my waistline.

https://ofuros.exposure.co/

Quote Originally Posted by ofuros View Post
    Thanks for both links. Very helpful. I went ahead and booked my huts as they were already getting close to being booked up for my week there.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    OzTrail???
    Insulation
    Tentsile sky pad
    Suspension
    DIY single line
    Someone recomended the able tasman but that is only a small portion of the tawharanui rehional park.

There are 3 iconic walkways combined and ate rated easy to moderate.

March should be a good time.
    SANDFLIES-have a GOOD bugnet.

Not many hammockers here but if you use tree straps instead of rope modt wardens should be good.

Enjoy

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Wow. Memories! It’s been 23 years since I was there. Beautiful hikes. I remember the Abel Tasmin, Routeburn. The South Island has tons of little hikes. We did the Milford Track as well. Sailed in and sea kayak ‘d out. We actually were able to see the pass clear, photos etc. It’s usually cloudy, rainy or worse. We got to the hut and decided to leave our gear to hike up. Glad we did since the next day we had snow and poor visibility going up and through it. Truly beautiful country.

Quote Originally Posted by Firesong View Post
    Wow. Memories! It’s been 23 years since I was there. Beautiful hikes. I remember the Abel Tasmin, Routeburn. The South Island has tons of little hikes. We did the Milford Track as well. Sailed in and sea kayak ‘d out. We actually were able to see the pass clear, photos etc. It’s usually cloudy, rainy or worse. We got to the hut and decided to leave our gear to hike up. Glad we did since the next day we had snow and poor visibility going up and through it. Truly beautiful country.
    I definitely can't wait to go. I'm thinking about just doing a Milford Sound cruise/kayak package through a local business there due to my time constraints. Those packages run around $150-200NZD, but I've heard this is something that you can't miss. Would you recommend spending the money in order to see Milford Sound?

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by ukbballrulez33 View Post
    I definitely can't wait to go. I'm thinking about just doing a Milford Sound cruise/kayak package through a local business there due to my time constraints. Those packages run around $150-200NZD, but I've heard this is something that you can't miss. Would you recommend spending the money in order to see Milford Sound?
    It is a beautiful place. We paid to have a guy take us out to the start in a older wooden sail boat. Beautiful way to start the hike. Enjoy everything you can. It’s so worth it. Been there twice. Everything from hiking, caving .. lots to play with there.

Quote Originally Posted by Firesong View Post
    It is a beautiful place. We paid to have a guy take us out to the start in a older wooden sail boat. Beautiful way to start the hike. Enjoy everything you can. It’s so worth it. Been there twice. Everything from hiking, caving .. lots to play with there.
    So I'll have a total of 14 full days there. I plan to do 7 on the South Island and 7 on the North Island. Currently I want to do Routeburn and Milford Sound on the South Island. Then Tongariro Alpine Crossing and Cathedral Cove on the North Island. Would you advise anything in addition or substituted for any of these? I'm basically just going on reviews from google since I've never been there before, but I would love to have some input from somehow who has actually been to these different areas.

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by ukbballrulez33 View Post
    So I'll have a total of 14 full days there. I plan to do 7 on the South Island and 7 on the North Island. Currently I want to do Routeburn and Milford Sound on the South Island. Then Tongariro Alpine Crossing and Cathedral Cove on the North Island. Would you advise anything in addition or substituted for any of these? I'm basically just going on reviews from google since I've never been there before, but I would love to have some input from somehow who has actually been to these different areas.
    Waitomo Caves on the north island are pretty cool as well. I enjoyed the Abel Tasman as well. Really you can’t go wrong. If I had a favourite island it was the south. In winter is was pretty wet but not to miserable

Images
    Frodo Lives!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast