Dutchware Half-Zip
    Tarp
    HG The Quest
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    All of "our" cottage manufacturers make absolutely AMAZING gear and several now have an economy or budget line of quilts. You've already decided to upgrade the hammock and tarp also, and most ( and I say that very loosely) of us prefer hammocks 11' long and tarps 11' or greater as well. Keep an eye on the for sale section. and you'll find great deals on anything you might be looking for. Also, Dutchweare, Warbonnet, AHE, and almost all of the other vendors that have a hammock line offer a netless 11' hammock with whoopie sling suspension and a ridgeline for around $65. Lots of people love their ENO hammocks, and I've never tried one, but Ive heard a lot of HF members say that once you try a wider, longer 11' hammock thats made to order by hand, with a softer, lighter fabric that has easily adjustable whoopie slings, you just might never use the ENO in the woods ever again lol. I used to hike with my mass produced hammocks all the time, but once I got my HH and then Warbonnet XLC , I haven't used them other than at home ever since, but thats me.
    I have done most of what you recommend already. I have been reading "The Ultimate Hang" and Shug's videos are great. I have always enjoyed knots and splicing since my Scouting days, so with the help of YouTube, I've already become quite proficient in making continuous loops, ridgelines, whoopie slings, etc.

My upgraded kit will include a DutchWare Half-zip (what happened to the "Swift" name?) hammock, a HammockGear SilNylon Hex tarp, and HammockGear 20F TQ and UQ.

Thanks to everybody else for the warm welcomes...I'll figure out how to post pics in the short term and can't wait to get my new gear to hit the woods and try it out.

Lastly...I'm very sad that I don't have a place to hang a hammock at my house...I have the perfect back patio for it, but only have an anchor point on one end.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok Tarp
    Insulation
    TR Basecamp AF LW
    Suspension
    Amok system
    Hello from South Carolina! You have some beautiful country to hang in up there in PA...have always enjoyed my visits to the western part of the state while visiting friends in Moundsville, WV!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12