banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by ylnfrt View Post
    Thats just cool but in the real world I think you want to anchor the shorter set of legs per original posts/ pics of this.
    After much experimentation, we're moving away from asymmetric legs. They introduce as many problems as they solve. Better to have legs a little longer than necessary (100" is enough for 12' hammock) and make up any difference in suspension, than to try to cut legs short as possible and correct resulting head/foot clearance issues with asymmetries.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    Quote Originally Posted by ylnfrt View Post
    Thats just cool but in the real world I think you want to anchor the shorter set of legs per original posts/ pics of this. IIRC
    I don't know if it really makes a difference - I'll have to try mine ?
    I think you can definitely hang with only one end anchored - but there is no harm in anchoring both ends. Personally, I would prefer to anchor both ends and not worry that I might sit in the hammock with my weight too far from the unanchored end.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    I just picked up a couple of top rails and cut them in half. I'll pirate the pieces for the other two struts from my turtle dog stand ridge pole and some other stuff I had on hand. Has anyone come up with a good angle connection for fence top rail? I'm going to make the struts as long as I can to test, and then perhaps shorten them later. One aim is to make a stand I can use with a PBH.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief

Tensahedron Stand

Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    I just picked up a couple of top rails and cut them in half. I'll pirate the pieces for the other two struts from my turtle dog stand ridge pole and some other stuff I had on hand. Has anyone come up with a good angle connection for fence top rail? I'm going to make the struts as long as I can to test, and then perhaps shorten them later. One aim is to make a stand I can use with a PBH.
    Daneaustin3’s connectors on page 27 are quite universal. As for length, 100” is long enough for 12’ gathered-ends. Love to hear about bridge experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Latherdome; 02-20-2018 at 10:55.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Daneaustin’s connectors on page 27 are quite universal. As for length, 100” is long enough for 12’ gathered-ends. Love to hear about bridge experiences.
    Yes, more about bridge setups.

Ken in NC
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    After much experimentation, we're moving away from asymmetric legs. They introduce as many problems as they solve. Better to have legs a little longer than necessary (100" is enough for 12' hammock) and make up any difference in suspension, than to try to cut legs short as possible and correct resulting head/foot clearance issues with asymmetries.
    I was curious about that aspect, glad to hear it was looked at and you found an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 11' HyperD 1.0
    Tarp
    11' SilPoly Hex
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Am I right in thinking that the legs for this stand fold up until they roughly match the angle of your suspension, and then self-correct to keep it there? I would think that to make this type of stand work for bridge hammocks (with typically much shallower suspension angles than GE hammocks), you would need very long poles to match that shallower angle and stay off the ground. Or you could maybe have some sort or brace to keep the legs spread apart, but then you would need much stronger legs because they would no longer be only in compression (and I'm not sure what this would do to the balance).

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    You get the idea. Yes, should require extra long legs or else both ends guyed with strong anchoring to pry the flytrap open. Both would tend to stress the poles more for a given payload, so harder to implement using light materials.

Images
    hammock stand emailed.JPGhammock stand P1000758.JPG
    Difficult to find a good method to connect 3/4 electrical conduit together. With a tool like one in photo the end can be shaped to fit inside another piece.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Aegismax 40* Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by efassyawla View Post
    I want to DIY this stand but I'm stuck at a training exercise so I made this mini Tensahedron stand using rolled up index cards, 550 inner strands, and a cut up PX bag. I can't wait to make a full size one! I really hope it'll fit in my barracks room...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Do it right and it might fit in your wall locker. Does your bed/rack have the drawer underneath?

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 49 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast