Hammock
    Depends on the day
    Tarp
    HG Hex, WBSF, WLTP
    Insulation
    HG UQ / UDQ TQ
    Suspension
    Dyneema Straps
    I've had mine down to the low 30s and have stayed toasty warm. This is with a long base layer and beanie. Hopefully I'll be able to get out more this winter to test it's lower limit.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Personally, I’ve found my 3 season gear to bottom out in the high 30’s depending on my sleep cloths. I prefer to have light undergarments. That’s said, I augment my 3 season Jarbidges and Potomac’s and New Rivers with CDT liners that’s I use for summer and can easily get down into the low 20’s. If I wear heavier sleep clothes, I’m sure I could get into the teens. Everyone is different and I have even seen differences in my warmth level based on what I eat and drink before bed time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I recently purchased the RC XL 3S to complement my RC 3S. I had the perfect opportunity to test them out this past weekend. I had to drive up to Vermont to help out at a ski club work weekend. I brought my Hammock along. The temperatures were in the teens all day Saturday as we worked outside. After the chores were done, I drove up to the state park and scouted out some trees to hang from and found some nice ones not too far from the parking lot. It was the first day of rifle season but I saw no hunters in this area so I figured I was fairly safe.
    After dinner I told the other club members of my intention of sleeping outside tonight, you can imagine their reaction. I actually had to leave my cell phone number and next of kin info in case a bear got to me. I believe they were worrying more than my wife. I explained that I needed to try out some new gear when I had a nice warm shelter a few minutes away instead of an hour away. I got permission as they were playing Cards Against Humanity, so I went out into the cold.
    I layered the two quilts with the long one against the hammock and the short one on the outside, I also had a poncho liner inside the sleeve. There was no wind and no precipitation forecast so it was just the hammock under the stars.
    I also purchased a zero degree down top quilt and a 40 degree synthetic top quilt. At first I used both tops and was very warm. After a restroom break in the middle of the night, I just tried the zero degree without the forty, and was just comfortable, not toasty with this setup. Anyway this is about the Ridge Creeks.
    My bottom was not cold at all with both RC 3S, long, and short (with poncho liner in sleeve). I don't know how low it got but it had to be in the 10 to 13 range.
    Bottom line is that both RC quilts passed the cold test but I would look to add a layer for sub zero conditions. I have a wool blanket which I would slide into the sleeve instead of the poncho liner in sub zero or windy conditions, before I go out and add to the UQ collection.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12