WBBB XLC, Multicam
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, DIY APEX
    Suspension
    Dutch Clip, Hook
    Quote Originally Posted by MadTurtleCreek View Post
    So getting to wildcat it is going to be about a 2,5-3 hour drive for me. I will check with a friend of mine to see if he would be willing to car pool it. Otherwise I may have to pass this time since it would mean throwing money for gas in my truck and buying a filter after I just dropped $250 on a top quilt and another $150 on a under quilt. Might just be a hard sell on the wifey when I will be off work for 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wooster about an hour due south from me so anytime there is a southern trip planed I'd be interested in working out some kind of ride sharing if schedules work out.
    Diz*

"adapt, improvise, overcome" Clint Eastwood - Heart brake ridge

Hammock
    Dream hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream13
    Insulation
    UGQ Zep/BanditXL
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Diz View Post
    Wooster about an hour due south from me so anytime there is a southern trip planed I'd be interested in working out some kind of ride sharing if schedules work out.
    That is a good possibility. I just lost my job so I am not sure what the future is going to hold for me.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    DIY/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Anybody getting out this weekend?

I'm thinking about hitting the Indiana Adventure Trail because I've not been there. It's 25 miles and shouldn't be too crazy. Only negative is lack of water sources. But, seems pretty easy to cache water.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Multicam
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, DIY APEX
    Suspension
    Dutch Clip, Hook
    TreesCompany, his brother and I are going to meet in Zanesville Friday and to do an overnight on an upper section of the Muskinghum River Trail. Plan is to put in at Dresden Dam around noon on Friday, camp at Ellis Lock and finish up Saturday at Zane's Landing. Open invitation if anyone is interested in joining for either leg.

Diz*

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    DIY/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    A paddle trip sounds fun. But, I don't have the gear for a paddle trip.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Multicam
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, DIY APEX
    Suspension
    Dutch Clip, Hook
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Halo View Post
    A paddle trip sounds fun. But, I don't have the gear for a paddle trip.
    My kayak can take up to two people and 500 lbs, there would not be much room for gear but Trees said that they will have room in their canoe for extra gear. We would need to arrange for a second paddle and a PFD, I think Trees may be able to help with those.
    Diz*

Hammock
    DH Freebird or Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    OMW/Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20F Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Varied
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Diz View Post
    TreesCompany, his brother and I are going to meet in Zanesville Friday and to do an overnight on an upper section of the Muskinghum River Trail. Plan is to put in at Dresden Dam around noon on Friday, camp at Ellis Lock and finish up Saturday at Zane's Landing. Open invitation if anyone is interested in joining for either leg.
    Really jealous. Hope you guys have a great paddle!
    Hobo Off The Ground All Year Round: 8 7
    consecutive months since the start, 9/2015 through 11/2022

Hammock
    Wbbb xlcj
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    H.G top and under
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bugs
    Had a great time on the Muskingum River ! The river moved us along at a good pace , we did 9 miles each day and found a nice camp on a large island. Good conversation around a nice fire and Diz done great with his new craft. Looking forward to the next trip.D715B73C-8C60-4723-B8BF-83AF1B4E1FF1.jpg[/ATTACH[ATTACH=CONFIG]156160[]7508EB73-6BAC-4F5E-BECE-90D0D48304D2.jpgCF9A5B5B-992A-4FBC-8A3F-75F6B3D92B61.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    visualize whirled peas.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    HG The Quest
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps/Cnch Bkls
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trees company View Post
    The wildcat hollow backpack trail in Wayne national forest near Athens . I did an overnighter there back in April . I did the short loop and camped in a really nice spot on the long loop. There is no potable water avaliable but plenty for filtering (at least in the spring ) it has been very dry lately. There was an info kiosk but no registration that I remember ( there are no designated campsites).
    I hate to butt in on this thread, but I was cruising the forums and came across this discussion. I live in Athens County and I've considered Wildcat Hollow several times and always cross it off my list because of the water situation. True, there is no potable water, and true, there are streams, although they can be somewhat unreliable. However, I just recently stopped at the Wayne National Forest welcome center near Nelsonville to get some info/maps, etc. I struck up a conversation with a ranger about areas to camp and mentioned Wildcat Hollow and the water situation. He suggested caching water near spots where the trail crosses roads because "we don't recommend filtering and drinking the water anywhere in the Wayne." This is due to the history of mining all over this area, and I think some of the stuff in the streams nothing will filter out.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    DIY/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by gandeeman60 View Post
    I hate to butt in on this thread, but I was cruising the forums and came across this discussion. I live in Athens County and I've considered Wildcat Hollow several times and always cross it off my list because of the water situation. True, there is no potable water, and true, there are streams, although they can be somewhat unreliable. However, I just recently stopped at the Wayne National Forest welcome center near Nelsonville to get some info/maps, etc. I struck up a conversation with a ranger about areas to camp and mentioned Wildcat Hollow and the water situation. He suggested caching water near spots where the trail crosses roads because "we don't recommend filtering and drinking the water anywhere in the Wayne." This is due to the history of mining all over this area, and I think some of the stuff in the streams nothing will filter out.
    Most water filters only filter out bacteria and other organisms, not chemicals. Charcoal filters will help get rid high iron and other things that make it taste bad. Still not sure they filter the chemicals though.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast