Quote Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
I've thought about doing this trip a few times but shied away from the whitewater for an overnight trip. it sounds like it's relatively tame --is that right? if you're looking for another idea, I did a trip on the Green River (Mammoth Cave NP) several years ago. it's totally flat, but was a really enjoyable trip.

how did your pack ride in that little dinghy? Did you keep it behind you?
I'm not a whitewater paddler, this was pretty easy. There were a couple spots that had some bigger waves, probably class 2 rapids, I took on a lot of water but no real problems. In the end, I think it really depends on time of year and the amount of recent rain. I got pretty obsessive about checking the river gauges https://www.nps.gov/biso/planyourvisit/rivergauges.htm

My pack was tied down in the front with my legs around it. I also sat crossed legs for the flat water.

I've had the Green River on my list for a couple years, but that involves a shuttle and then I need to schedule the trip and I sometimes have a hard time knowing what is on the calendar in the future. Some day I'll make it there.