HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I believe it is from what I can gather. I think having the vertical tubes running the length of the body is much better for colder rated TQ's since it keeps the down on top of you where its needed and conforms to the shape of your body a little better , preventing it from bridging when its filled to capacity. My 0° Burrow was stuffed to the max I think with the 3oz I had them add. The down didn't shift at all but it bridged quite a bit sometimes, creating a gap between me and the down. And that air had to be heated as well, so even with a 0° I would feel a chill sometimes before I woke up when my metabolism had slowed way down and my body wasn't creating enough heat. It wasn't a huge gap, but enough to make it hard for me to heat up the extra space. Adding an ounce or two i think does more for keeping loft after multiple nights and when its damp or raining than it does for lowering its temp rating. So that's why I went with the -10 set this time, I'll get the benefit of taller baffles + more down = warmer quilt and if it does have that design then I'll be warmer still since the down will be on me instead of 3" above my chest.

I'd love to visit the HG shop sometime and see where the magic happens lol. I live about 30 miles from Dutchs' shop, so I think I might do the same and stop in soon to pick up a few small things instead of paying to ship them. And yeah, Harry is awesome, who else would answer emails and help design a quilt while on vacation ? Lol. He's always been a huge help and has always got back to me almost instantly.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D

Ugh. Why is it so hard to choose!

Bridging--what is bridging?
    Is bridging with top quilt or underquilt or both? Is it some sort of arch, keeping top quilt from staying in contact with you? Is it caused by baffle direction or overstuffing to make top quilt hold its shape rather than maintain contact with you?

Old Phantom, trying to keep up with cutting edge hammockers
    I gotta find out before there is an abbreviation or acronym.
    Thanks hammock creatures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Lol. Yeah, I think I had just a little too much down in the 0° . Since the tubes of down run horizontally , when they are filled to a certain point they wont lay across you any more and they arch or bridge over your body w/o making contact. That's bad when its really cold outside since that then creates a space between you and the down that also has to be heated , making the quilt less effective. Going with the taller baffle in a -10° and no overstuff will give me just a tad more down than my old 0°, but give it alot more space to loft. Having more room and only a little more down should keep it from being so filled its ridged, and in turn bridge over me. And since the down will be touching me with more space for it to loft between me and the cold air outside, It will be a much warmer quilt as well.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Autumn Outdoor Gear
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Duster
    Insulation
    LSOH
    Suspension
    Autumn Ultralight
    I really like my 20 degree quilts from Wilderness Logic. I'm going to be buying a 0 degree set from them soon.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123