Little Shop Of Hammocks
    Tarp
    LSOH Razor
    Insulation
    HG 0 Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Hi Iguana,

I won't be able to attend, but could loan out my HG Incubator 0 if someone could pick it up and get it back to me? If that works, I have other gear I could loan out, just let me know. Canoe and paddles are off limits. I'm funny that way!

Kevin

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Stock Cinche
    Hey, I am super late but is there still time to join this hang? I'm now free that weekend and it's been far too long since I have been out! I'm toying with the idea of heading to the park for the 28th and hanging somewhere walkable to get the hang of things. I'll be driving from ottawa and will have room for 3 more and I can fit a canoe. I don't have a canoe and if someone has an open spot I'd appreciate it.
    I like metric, I use metric, for those of you who don't ... you should, for those of you who won't ... here.
    0*C - 32*F, 10*C - 50*F, 20*C - 68*F, 30*C - 86*F
    100g - 3.52oz, 500g - 17.63oz, 1kg - 2.2lbs, 16oz - 1lbs
    10cm - 3.9", 1m - 3.28ft, 1km - 0.62mi

Hammock
    HH Exped w DIY ZipMod & WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasuko View Post
    Hey, I am super late but is there still time to join this hang? I'm now free that weekend and it's been far too long since I have been out! I'm toying with the idea of heading to the park for the 28th and hanging somewhere walkable to get the hang of things. I'll be driving from ottawa and will have room for 3 more and I can fit a canoe. I don't have a canoe and if someone has an open spot I'd appreciate it.
    You're always welcome as long as you stay away from methyl alcohol, pocket change and bacon. Check in on the Google sheet and we'll figure things out.
    Survival is about getting out alive, Bushcraft is about going in to live - Chard (aka Forest-Hobo)

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    tbd. For EGL notifications, subscribe to the EGL Hang Notification Thread
    EGL Trip Reports:
    The Collection Follow me on Instagram

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Stock Cinche
    Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
    You're always welcome as long as you stay away from methyl alcohol, pocket change and bacon.
    Come on the methyl alcohol and pocket change was the same incident, you're making the list longer than it needs to be
    I like metric, I use metric, for those of you who don't ... you should, for those of you who won't ... here.
    0*C - 32*F, 10*C - 50*F, 20*C - 68*F, 30*C - 86*F
    100g - 3.52oz, 500g - 17.63oz, 1kg - 2.2lbs, 16oz - 1lbs
    10cm - 3.9", 1m - 3.28ft, 1km - 0.62mi

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 5.0
    Tarp
    Skjold 10
    Insulation
    Fjol Winterlight
    Suspension
    Amok cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
    By the way, I was thinking about making a pot of French Canadian Pea Soup for Friday and either Goulash, Chow'da or something totally new and untested () for Saturday. We could serve it up for supper or get it ready for about 2pm so we can have a late lunch and then have some room for our own dinners. I was going to leave all of the hardware (pots, etc..) in my car and pick up what groceries I need in Huntsville, or ask some of the Thursday/Friday crew bring it in. Of course, the BYOT (Bring Your Own Taters) system seems to work well. Anybody interested?
    Happy to bring Taters, onions & anything else needed but not really enthused about paddling up & down Smoke Lake four times in one week. Instead, I'm considering caching the weekend supplies in a barrel & slinging it up in a suitably stealthy tree somewhere in the area of the Smoke / Ragged portage. Do bears like whiskey?

FYI, we have another tripper joining us on the loop. I've connected with Firesong's friend 'TumbleweedNaturalist' (Steve). He'll be the bowsman in my old 'RedKanu'. And yes, he's a hammock guy. Also a carver who, if we ply him with whiskey, might be persuaded to sculpt a bust of Chard for posterity.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeWayKeno View Post
    Happy to bring Taters, onions & anything else needed but not really enthused about paddling up & down Smoke Lake four times in one week. Instead, I'm considering caching the weekend supplies in a barrel & slinging it up in a suitably stealthy tree somewhere in the area of the Smoke / Ragged portage. Do bears like whiskey?

FYI, we have another tripper joining us on the loop. I've connected with Firesong's friend 'TumbleweedNaturalist' (Steve). He'll be the bowsman in my old 'RedKanu'. And yes, he's a hammock guy. Also a carver who, if we ply him with whiskey, might be persuaded to sculpt a bust of Chard for posterity.

Excellent!!

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Klymit
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeWayKeno View Post

Are you still going in Sunday?
    A lotta ins... lotta outs... lotta what-have-you's

Hammock
    HH Exped w DIY ZipMod & WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Howdy,

I spoke with the manager of the Portage Store this afternoon and he agreed to store two hamburger boxes worth of perishables in one of his freezers if we were renting one of his canoes. At this point I don't know if any of the group need to rent, but if you do, please chime up.

Frankly I don't mind running into Huntsville to resupply on the Thursday or Friday. Fresh burgers and "beverages" would be nice change from light tripping food and I'd probably like to take the opportunity to recharge my camera batteries. Of course we'll need someone to stay back and mind the homestead. If we do "the run", then we can pick up a bag of taters easily enough.

Incidentally, when the Ukrainian Festival comes to Toronto's Bloor West Village, you know autumn is in the air and it's time to put down the perogies and pick up the camera and canoe paddle. Just beautiful.

Canon 70D: 24mm, f/5.6, 1/200 sec, ISO 100
    Last edited by Chard; 09-17-2017 at 00:08.
    Survival is about getting out alive, Bushcraft is about going in to live - Chard (aka Forest-Hobo)

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    tbd. For EGL notifications, subscribe to the EGL Hang Notification Thread
    EGL Trip Reports:
    The Collection Follow me on Instagram

Hammock
    1.7 dbl, WBRR LSOH Swift
    Tarp
    superfly Razor
    Insulation
    Lynx' toaster z
    Suspension
    webbing, whoopies
    I dont recall ever putting my perogies down.
    Mmmm
    No signs,no fees,no rules,nobody. My kind of campsite.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 5.0
    Tarp
    Skjold 10
    Insulation
    Fjol Winterlight
    Suspension
    Amok cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by ggreaves View Post
    Are you still going in Sunday?
    Absolutely! I'd leave Saturday if I could. You too? If so, we can meet up at the access point.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast