HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jdeering View Post
    Still 6 left?
    Actually you busted me for being a slacker on the countdown.

There's been a fair amount of planning conversation off line so most of those sites are now taken but don't worry, threre's still room at the inn.

Actually there is one site not yet booked. There are also a number of folks with sites who are quite open to sharing their space so if you'd like to join us, add yourself to the planning spreadsheet and we'll find some trees for you.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    WBRR or custom gathered end
    Tarp
    Larger in winter,
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    Whoopies, buckles,
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    Actually you busted me for being a slacker on the countdown.

There's been a fair amount of planning conversation off line so most of those sites are now taken but don't worry, threre's still room at the inn.

Actually there is one site not yet booked. There are also a number of folks with sites who are quite open to sharing their space so if you'd like to join us, add yourself to the planning spreadsheet and we'll find some trees for you.
    Thank you, I am also not seeing cost anywhere?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Thank you, I am also not seeing cost anywhere?
    You're welcome.

Part of the reason you're not seeing a lot of conversation and posts with lots of information is that rather than a thread with tons of posts, we've compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions. That link is in the first post of this thread and you may have missed it. What that has done for us is compress over 2000 posts from this event over 8 years into a handful of pages to make information readily available in this our 9th year. I've reposted that intro post below for you.

At your convenience, please hit the link and take a look. You'll find information about park entry/daily use fees, campsite rental fees, itinerary, food and activity plans.

Should you still have questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I hope you can join us.

It’s HOT and I’m a seeing weather forecast for more triple digit heat index temps! The Texas Butt Bake Hang is just a few days away and I’m ready for some cool weather. I’m ready for fall!

If you don’t have the date saved yet, mark November 9-12, 2017 on your calendar for the Annual Texas Fall Hammock Hang at Fairfield Lake State Park.

So that we can all be on the same page, if you haven’t been to this event before, or if you’ve been to every one since we started, take a few minutes to read the FAQs that can be found at this link.

It’s a great time to renew friendships, make new ones, and play with gear, so don’t miss out.

For our 9th year of this annual event, it wouldn’t seem right to be any time or place than we’ve done before, so let’s meet the weekend of the second Saturday in November at Fairfield Lake State Park once again!

There has been a large increase in forum membership over the past year, (Nearly 58,000 members at this posting), and a good number of them are Texas folks, (or friendly neighbors of The Republic), and all are welcome.

What started with a handful of folks from South/Central Texas in early 2009 has surpassed the century mark with past participants from Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, Michigan, Ohio, and places forgotten or unknown.

If you have not been to this event before, don’t worry; details and FAQs are posted and should be a help. Feel free to take a few moments and scroll through some of last year’s planning and trip reports. It will help answer questions you may have and maybe create some that can be addressed on this thread in the weeks to come.

This is a car camping event for those who like to bring everything; (the location has showers and porcelain facilities for those who won’t leave home without them); day hikes for those so inclined; lake paddling; fishing; pot luck dinners; Dutch oven cooking; DIY play time; lots of show and tell along with a little gear trading; group buys; stove tests; drawings for prizes, and some wonderful campfire fellowship.

In recent years this planning thread has become a multipage read with some of the details lost in the conversations. To keep the conversations going yet simplify the scrolling, the FAQs and all the details needed are on a soon to be posted Google Doc for everyone’s review.

So that we can all be on the same page, if you haven’t been to this event before, or if you’ve been to every one since we started, take a few minutes to read the FAQs.

I’ll post a planning spreadsheet after the Butt Bake, so until then, save the date, check out the info in the FAQs and dream about cold fronts.
    The above mentioned planning spreadsheet is accessible in an earlier post on this thread as well as in the FAQ pages.

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Hammock
    WBRR or custom gathered end
    Tarp
    Larger in winter,
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    Whoopies, buckles,
    You're welcome.

Part of the reason you're not seeing a lot of conversation and posts with lots of information is that rather than a thread with tons of posts, we've compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions. That link is in the first post of this thread and you may have missed it. What that has done for us is compress over 2000 posts from this event over 8 years into a handful of pages to make information readily available in this our 9th year. I've reposted that intro post below for you.

At your convenience, please hit the link and take a look. You'll find information about park entry/daily use fees, campsite rental fees, itinerary, food and activity plans.

Should you still have questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I hope you can join us.

The above mentioned planning spreadsheet is accessible in an earlier post on this thread as well as in the FAQ pages.
    Thank You, sorry I forgot to check the FAQ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Thank You, sorry I forgot to check the FAQ.
    No worries!

It was a good reminder to others who may be wondering as well.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    One more Saturday after today and we're already there!

With over 180 folks currently signed up covering 60 sites, we have the entire available camping area of the State Park represented with hammocks!

Yes it's a lot of folks but there's plenty of room and folks willing to share in case someone is still on the sideline and undecided. If that's you, go to the planning spreadsheet, add yourself and PM or email those with space available to share.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    In just a few more days, we'll descend upon Fairfield Lake State Park. Once we check in and pay the daily use/park entry fee and head to our preassigned sites, there may still be some questions...

When is "____" happening?
    Where do I go to "_____"?
    Where can I get help with my gear or set up?

Look for the Texas Hammock Hangers Banner - It will be located at our "hospitality site".

Stop by, say howdy and introduce yourself. There will be folks there or very close to help and answer questions. While there, add your info to our sign in book for historical fun and help yourself to a cup of coffee and check out the activity sign board.

This site will not be where everything is happening, but will serve as a central information center. In additon to activity information, there will be a name tag station. (Please make one and wear it so you don't have an identity crisis.)There will likely be gear to buy/sell or trade and there may be a gear swap/PIF table should someone have an interest in taking the lead on that. It will also be the place, for those so inclined, to bring any donations for Saturday Night's prize drawings.

A few more housekeeping notes:

Site assignments will be posted on the planning spreadsheet prior to the end of the week.
    Don't forget to review the FAQs for things to remember and a refresher of park policies.

Hammock
    Mana Outdoors dbl. 10.8ft
    Tarp
    Yukon Outdoors
    Insulation
    UGQ(10* UQ,30* TQ)
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Dutch
    Getting excited!

Hammock
    Ol' ugly
    Tarp
    Hanger12/ DIYasym
    Insulation
    Bandit/Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    I'm excited too, I still can't figure out what to bring for the pot luck. Can anyone think of anything that's needed? I thought about bringing fire wood to share.
    Where the trail ends the adventure begins!

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast