WBB 1.7 DOUBLE XLC
    Tarp
    WB SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

WBB RR vs Chameleon

I have read and watched you tube reviews til I'm blue in the face. I have the WBB blackbird and the WBB XLC. Have trouble with calf ridge. Im 6' 220 pounds. I want to try the Ridge Runner or the Chameleon next but I don't want to end up buying 2 new hammocks. I'm not sure about the underquilt staying up by the tie outs on the Chameleon from some reviews I have read and it being a gathered in scared the calf ridge will still be there. I have never slept in a bridge type hammock so scared to try that route, but thinking be a lot less of a learning curve. I bought the app to help adjust my WBB angle and I spend forever trying to get it right. I get a good 30 degree angle and then raise the foot end to be higher and my angle is off again. Raise straps on tree and angle off again. I just can't figure it out, no excuses its just too much for me, lol. Anyone been in my same position?

The Chameleon, for all of its innovative features, is just another gathered end hammock. The Ridgerunner, on the other hand, is completely different. I'm the same size and weight as you and can say, without a doubt, that the Ridgerunner is the most comfortable hammock I have ever owned (I have the 1.1 double layer model, as well as a Blackbird XLC and a SLD Treerunner). If you can't try one out before buying, It's not well known but Warbonnet has a return policy. If, for any reason, the hammock does not work out, you can send back for a full refund (assuming it is in new condition). The RR takes a little getting used to (it's a bit tippy) but, by the second night, I was getting a solid eight hours of sleep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    This video could or give insight to dealing with Calf Ridge...

Carry forth.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBB 1.7 DOUBLE XLC
    Tarp
    WB SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Rex, what learning curves did you encounter with the RR? So are you saying I can order the RR and sleep in it a few nights and return for a full refund if I don't like it? Thanks

Hammock
    WBB 1.7 DOUBLE XLC
    Tarp
    WB SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Shug I watched that video last night and went out today. I tried pushing it out, got my head up to the zipper, etc. Do you try and have more fabric above your head or below? Like do you want your head against the bug net or pull material under you so you have space between you and the net? I need to find a group hang next time one is close.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona dawg View Post
    Shug I watched that video last night and went out today. I tried pushing it out, got my head up to the zipper, etc. Do you try and have more fabric above your head or below? Like do you want your head against the bug net or pull material under you so you have space between you and the net? I need to find a group hang next time one is close.
    Watch Warbonnets video at 1:23. He addressess calf ridge.

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBB 1.7 DOUBLE XLC
    Tarp
    WB SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Watched that too Shug. I will just have to spend time in it. I know all the logistics I just have to make them work for me I guess. I would just like to see how the RR feels.

You might also want to take a look at the Simply Light Designs netted hammock, the Trail Lair. Lots of options available and you can lay from either end. Its been on the market a couple of years and I'm on my second one that was made out of hexon 1.0 .

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I have both the Ridgerunner and a new Dutch Chameleon, and an XLC, and a SLD Trail Lair, and a etc. My Chameleon sleeps just about like my XLC and the Trail Lair but I keep coming back to my Ridgerunner for comfort, ease of setup, better visibility (if that's important to you). I love the fact that there are no adjustments on the under quilt especially in colder weather. I would say try a Ridgerunner and a Chameleon and if you do not like one of them you can sell it on here with a small loss but it's worth trying as I was shocked at how comfortable the RR bridges are.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I have three Chameleons, and they are all AWESOME. They certainly have many fans (myself included), and, as you have probably noticed, there are a few Chameleon haters out there too.

That said, you should get the Ridge Runner.

You may not like how the RR sets up or sleeps, and it may complicate your tarp selection or force you to buy a new underquilt, but you will definitely NOT have calf ridge.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast