Tarp
    DD 4x4, 5x5
    Insulation
    HG econ 0* UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Loop Straps
    Images
    Bacon, bacon, bacon!!

I figure 3 pounds for 3 days, roughly. Wait, I need to bring some for other people as well....

I'm sure I'll bring way too much food, that's a family tradition. Probably a big pot or two of homemade soup or stew, have to see what I can come up with that sounds good as time draws nearer.

November weather always such a range of possibilities. I suspect I'll bring extra tarps, 12x12 canopy with wind/rain screens and plenty of warm clothes. Haven't done a group get together in years but I'll bring extras of almost everything.

Gregori

Hammock
    DIY Double layer
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    Dogger TQ/ DIY UQ
    Suspension
    buckles
    Images
    I'll be heading out next week for a week of car camping and day hikes with my better half up by green timbers so the cast iron will be warmed up and well seasoned. Everything was good but I'll put in a vote for the sausage & peppers and jambalaya.

Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    I know it's too early to start discussing the weather, but not too early to bring up food. If you need an idea of what to bring, bacon is always appreciated & devoured as fast as Christo can whip it up with his cast iron culinary skills. We'll be starting the spreadsheet next month to start organizing what people are bringing.

I'm still torn on my food contribution this year and will have to do some thinking....Perhaps jambalaya, bacon cheeseburger soup, sausage n peppers, buffalo chicken mac n cheese, cheesy chicken nachos garnished with fritos and jalepenos? I invited my buddy Phil who came last year with the amazing seasoned pork cooked with greens in tinfoil over the grill. I told him he's not welcome unless he repeats it.

Not sure yet on what I'm bringing, but we are counting down the days for a cool weather hang with cool group of hangers. That is all

Hammock
    11’ Dogger hammock
    Tarp
    SLD winter haven
    Insulation
    HG incubator 0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donk_67 View Post
    https://youtu.be/NDXUpcAu1tU
    Yeah, think I put this here in hopes of inspiring someone (Turkey!).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Man now I've got more work to do, thanks Don.

Well Mi.Dave I hope I can make it up for the hang. Don't know if I will be able to do this one and the Bacon hang, too much long driving up from Ky.

Too early to start putting together the list of whose attending, but for food, I'm locking myself in to bring "Sausage & Peppers" and I'm volunteering Donk67 to bring the provolone cheese & buns, along with his coffee perks. I'm hopeing Dogger makes it this year so he can whip up his famous cowboy coffee.

Let's plan a gear swap/sale, so if you've got anything collecting dust (like I do), bring it along and hopefully find it a new home.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    If I bring my dusty gear, we'll need to make it a week long event.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    WBRR or custom gathered end
    Tarp
    Larger in winter,
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    Whoopies, buckles,
    Wife says no, but I have only asked once so far. Hopefully I can wear her down with a few more requests. Always have a blast at these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jdeering View Post
    Wife says no, but I have only asked once so far. Hopefully I can wear her down with a few more requests. Always have a blast at these.
    Just tell her you have to drum up some new business . Hope you can pull it off this year and join in the gluttonous feast. I already picked up a pound of cherry coffee for the pot!

Hammock
    11’ Dogger hammock
    Tarp
    SLD winter haven
    Insulation
    HG incubator 0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I will be out there early Thursday morning getting a few things set up if anyone wants to show up Thursday morning, I'm going bringing the hot tent. Haven't made up my mind what to bring for food yet.

Hammock
    Dutch 2.4 Hexon 11'
    Tarp
    DD 4x4, 5x5
    Insulation
    HG econ 0* UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Loop Straps
    Images
    I was thinking early afternoon on Thursday (1-2PM), can help setup / prepare area. Plus unload a truck full of "stuff", given this is car camping and not backpacking. Food I am narrowing a list of main dish, side dish, snacks; plus bacon of course.

I just reread original post and was thinking "September 22, low 90's outside, have to think about warm clothes for November...." And warm sleeping gear!! Elmira November 5 temperatures average 46 high / 29 low, 75 record high / 7 record low.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast